Middle names

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is everyone's middle name, if/who they were named after, and if they like it better than their first name.

My middle name is Dawn and my mother and I share the same middle name. I definitely like it better than my first name!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good idea for a thread!

My middle name is Grace; named after my great-grandmother.
I definitely like it much better than my first name.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Candice. It was my parent's original choice for my first name, but when I was born they looked at me and thought it didn't fit, so plans had to change. I actually dislike my middle name (sorry to any Candices out there!) so I'm glad they reconsidered. Plus, the only nickname I can think of for Candice is Candy, and, as much as I love eating candy, it's not something I'd like to be called regularly.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

Good idea for a thread!

My middle name is Grace; named after my great-grandmother.
I definitely like it much better than my first name.
Ohhhhh Grace is such a pretty name. If I ever have a daughter I want that to be either her first or middle name.

My middle name is Dawn and my mother and I share the same middle name. I definitely like it better than my first name!
My sister's middle name is Dawn, and I know lots of people who share it as well. It seems to be a common middle name where I am, although its not so common as a first name.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 middle names (and so do my 3 younger sisters.) which are Anna Margret. Anna was my maternal grandmother's name and Margret is my paternal grandmother's name.

I greatly prefer my first name as my middle names are sooo plain and boring.

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Ohhhhh Grace is such a pretty name. If I ever have a daughter I want that to be either her first or middle name.
Ooh, I know it is... so do her the favor of making it her first name if you do ever have a daughter!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

Ooh, I know it is... so do her the favor of making it her first name if you do ever have a daughter!
Well I like to keep the options open to make the (non-existent) husband feel as though he has some input. Although we all know that he doesn't actually...

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Waltraud. It's my mom's first name and a very old german name. Her middle name is Gertrud, which was my grandmother's first name. In her family, if a daughter was born she would get the mother's first name as her middle, and so on...I only use it for ID, etc. I don't usually tell people because they never get it the first time anyway. lol

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is LaBelle. Named after my grandmother Minnie Belle. And my daughters middle name is Belle. I hope she'll carry on the tradition with future children too.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is my mom's first name. I hate it & won't tell ya. LoL
My first name is the female version of my dad's middle name. Weird. I don't think they planned it that way.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
My middle name is Louise. I like it better than Emma. I used to think i had a unique name in school, then when i got to high school there were millions of Emmas and i hated it! I was named Emma after the book but Louise i think was just a pretty name, no real inspiration

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a plan middle name Lee
so my name is amanda lee, so original isnt it
but see i know alot of amandas and i see more amanda maries and i never met another amanda lee

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is Lynn
Dont think Im really named after anyone though.....

Something strange is this: The same day I was born, same hospital and everything...there was an Amish family that named their baby girl Monica Lynn!!!
So I get teased from time to time that I am a amish girl, and we got switched at birth!!

Sometimes I wonder......lol. J/K

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Erie.

It's a female family name passed down from my great grandmother. The story goes that her family had recently immigrated to the Lake Erie area. She was born into a family of all boys. My great great grandfather was so happy to finally have a girl baby that he named her after the biggest thing around (lake Erie).