LOST Fans?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't watch but my nephews say they love it, I personally think it may have something to do with women in swim wear... or is that not the case? I don't know..
They told me it was a good show but I've never caught it, may have to do that one of these days.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's not really a lot of women in swimwear on it. It's really a very good series. We have been watching it since season 1. Season 2 dragged on a little bit, but season 3 is starting out great. If they keep up in this vein with season 3, I hope they didn't lose too many of their viewers during season 2 to stay afloat.

Overall it's a really good series.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen every episode but am finding it increasingly frustrating- the last three episodes have done little to move the story forward and I no longer feel the same passion I used to.

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that show I find it very interesting. Sometimes an episode can be confusing, but if you watch it a 2nd time online it helps.

I'm still waiting to find out where those polar bears came from and where Walt is.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it! I visit a few forums for lost but I don't post. I seem to be the minority who likes seeing the others. I was tired of the same old crew. Besides how can we get answers if they don't show the others.
I like the forums that search for clues and post theories.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there's a lot that's unanswered. There's been some movement forward, but it's so frustrating at times. Actually, I love the general plot, but the ongoing flashbacks really start getting on my nerves. I like finding out some of the background, but it starts to get to me when I watch an entire episode of flashbacks with very little other "current" events going on. I guess it is necessary, but it seems a little excessive at times.

I'm wondering what's going on with Michael and Walt myself. I can't imagine that they're off the show for good. Of course, now that Russo is back on the scene, things should get interesting in the rescue attempt. One also has to wonder if Juliet was actually doublecrossed again.

On a side note, if you want a show that's really frustrating but thus far one of the best series I've seen and watch and wait for even more than Lost.. it's Heroes. I'm really glad when I was debating starting to watch it that I did.. I couldn't decide from the previews if it was going to be good or not, but I thought, well, I'll see what this is about. Man, it rocks!!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Yeah, there's a lot that's unanswered. There's been some movement forward, but it's so frustrating at times. Actually, I love the general plot, but the ongoing flashbacks really start getting on my nerves. I like finding out some of the background, but it starts to get to me when I watch an entire episode of flashbacks with very little other "current" events going on. I guess it is necessary, but it seems a little excessive at times.

I'm wondering what's going on with Michael and Walt myself. I can't imagine that they're off the show for good. Of course, now that Russo is back on the scene, things should get interesting in the rescue attempt. One also has to wonder if Juliet was actually doublecrossed again.

On a side note, if you want a show that's really frustrating but thus far one of the best series I've seen and watch and wait for even more than Lost.. it's Heroes. I'm really glad when I was debating starting to watch it that I did.. I couldn't decide from the previews if it was going to be good or not, but I thought, well, I'll see what this is about. Man, it rocks!!!!
I also watch Heroes!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah we love Lost!!! keithp - you do remember Michael found Walt, and they got given a boat and allowed to sail off? Haven't heard anything of them since.

SilentNate - what season/episode are you up to in the UK?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Totally waiting for Michael and Walt to come back.. but that being said.. how about um.. gosh, what's his name.. um.. the Scottish? guy? I am not very good with accents, so he may not be Scottish. His girlfriend was looking for him and got a location... so.. what's up with that? Another thread not heard from yet this season... hmm.. makes you wonder if you're going to see it in S3 or if it's going to go on lots longer.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they gave out the answers too quickly, we wouldn't have a show. I love Lost. Keeps me on my toes the entire time. I love the flashbacks, because they help to establish things about the characters, and I think give some possible answers to some things.

We will see Michael and Walt again. Do you honestly think "The Others" really let them go?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we will see Walt & Michael at the end of the season.
I hope Charlie doesn't die. We haven't seen enough of Sayid this season.
Tired of Jack but I rather see him interact with the others.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell about Walt and Michael. The others didn't really want them, anyway.. and they did leave Hurley go at one point, even though Hurley didn't make it off the island. I do think, though, that one way or the other, we'll see them again, probably this season.

I'm torn on the flashbacks. In one way, you need to see what happened previously in their lives, but in some cases.. their flashbacks just don't make sense. And, I'd rather spend less time per episode on the flashback and see more of what's going on island-side. It seemed like it was getting to the point there where we were spending the majority of our episodes in flashbacks, and mostly what intrigues me about the show is what's happening on the island, how they're surviving.. what's going on with the others, etc.

So, I'd personally like to get past the flashbacks. Now we seem like we've delved into the second round of them, per person. We definitely need the info, but maybe they could have worked it in via conversations or something.. with Hurley..he could be talking to Charlie about things.

All in all, though, still good enough for me to wait impatiently by until 10 p.m. est to see it every Wednesday. Mondays, though, I'm chomping at the bit for Heroes.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

Who watches the show?
Just curious. I didn't see much discussion here about it.
I moderate a LOST forum so if anyone is interested, PM me
I'd be interested in your forum. I am a fan of the show, but to be honest it's really starting to annoy me. There's too much mystery and not enough answers. I don't even remember half of the questions they didn't answer anymore because the show just keeps dragging on and on.

I'm disappointed.
It's a quality show, but it's just tooooo long a time period for 1 story that intertwines.

At least with other shows I like (24), you get satisfaction at the end of a season.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know the show has received a ton of flack this season but I am optimistic its just a hiccup in the show's progress.

We needed to develop the others storyline IMO and to do so required a departure from the core characters. It was great to see a light-hearted episode like last week's was, hopefully that will bring the show back on track.

I am hoping we have a few more of the larger mysteries solved this season though. But personally, I would just like them to return to the Black Rock. That is my favorite mystery!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
finally a show that your not way in front of me with. i have just started watching heros missed the first few epsiods though. i love lost and love the waiting to find out whats gonna happen next.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still following Lost. I'll be sitting here watching it at 10 o'clock tonight, trying not to fall asleep, no less. Heroes... is definitely one you have to see every episode to get the "full effect" but you can catch up on the storyline well enough to watch the other ones if you've missed a few. It's off air again until April 23 now. We yelled about that, lol.

At least Lost should run from now until season finale.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The forum I moderate started out as 20 fans who migrated from a larger board. Not sure if I can link to it for you all here so pm me if you want more details. We are really trying to enhance our discussion sections right now.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh yeah we love Lost!!! keithp - you do remember Michael found Walt, and they got given a boat and allowed to sail off? Haven't heard anything of them since.

SilentNate - what season/episode are you up to in the UK?
Sky are an episode behind but I watch Lost roughly the same time as those in Canada because I'm a clever computer bod

Unlike Lost I'd say that Heroes gets better and better, getting Chris Eccleston to play the invisible man was a brilliant move by the producers