Is my cat a mixed breed or just a moggie??

x_oxsammyxo_x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat alfie (girl) is black and white and long haired. she is realy fluffy and has a big 'bib'. i have noticed that she has a kind of 'crimped' texture to her fur, especially around the back of her head and her tail. when we bought her we were told her mother was half siamese, making alfie quarter siamese... i dont really think that crimped fur is a charicteristic of a siamese, however i know absoloutly nothing about breeds or breeding
im presuming she is just a regular moggie but ive never had a cat with fur like this. i thought that maybe she had a bit of devonshire rex in her but they have rather big ears and alfie's are basically normal sized lol... any suggestions if she has a pedegree gene in her somewhere?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Basically, unless you have papers for a cat is it just a moggie. A photo will help if we can see what breeds she may have in her.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many longhairs (maine coon types) tend to have a bit of wavey like fur around the neck - but its not an indication of any rex (BTW its just a "Devon Rex" - not Devonshire rex - they originated in Devonshire).

I'm sure your cat is just a mixed breed longhair. Love him anyway

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by x_oxsammyxo_x

my cat alfie (girl) is black and white and long haired. she is realy fluffy and has a big 'bib'. i have noticed that she has a kind of 'crimped' texture to her fur, especially around the back of her head and her tail. when we bought her we were told her mother was half siamese, making alfie quarter siamese... i dont really think that crimped fur is a charicteristic of a siamese, however i know absoloutly nothing about breeds or breeding
im presuming she is just a regular moggie but ive never had a cat with fur like this. i thought that maybe she had a bit of devonshire rex in her but they have rather big ears and alfie's are basically normal sized lol... any suggestions if she has a pedegree gene in her somewhere?
Well I admit I had to look the word Moggie up and here is what I found: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-mog1.htm
But I would not say "just" a moggie. I treat my cats with equal respect even though one of them comes from a long line of champions and one came from a dumpster.