Men...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly, I don't know what's with them. We went for a walk this morning, and when we got home I was hungry and thirsty, so I thought I'd whip up a fruit smoothie with some leftover fruit I had.

So I made this smoothie with blueberries, blackberries, banana, and some mango sorbet and milk. I would often do this with leftover bananas, but haven't done it in a while. It made up 2 glasses, and I drank it all because like I said - I was hungry and thirsty. And it was yummy!!!

But apparently my stomach didn't agree that I needed 2 full glasses, and a couple of hours later I had to race to the bathroom and threw it all back up. I must have spewed 5 or 6 times and it was absolutely horrible.

DH came into hold my hair, but was LAUGHING the entire time!!!!!
He has this bizarre reaction to vomit. The couple of times I've been sick from effects of general anaesthetic he's either laughed his head off or desperately tried to hold it in by leaving the room.

Through my tears I told him what he could do if he was going to laugh (but I can't repeat it here
), and he finally managed to control himself.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sheesh! If he was gonna laugh, I'd rather puke alone! The one time I got very sick DH and I were either dating or engaged and he just stayed in the living room and drove me to the ER. (It was a very nasty stomach virus type thing.)

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow.......
That's just - mean! And rude!
I guess it is a guy thing, though.
And don't count on ever understanding it

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least he didn't puke as well!!

Then you might have just had to clean up the mess as well!

Poor you though! Hope it was good smoothie to at least make up for it coming back up

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sometimes laugh when I'm nervous or upset. It may not just be a guy thing. He could be laughing because he doesn't know what else to do. I am certain he doesn't actually think it's funny that you became ill!
if he does then I would question the relationship.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Men - what are you gonna do? Can't live with them, can't live without them (oh yeah - yes you can)!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine doesn't laugh
he does get overly upset though, when I wish he'd just back off. He does laugh when I do something stupid, drop something or trip.

Hope your stomach is feeling better, maybe it was a bit too much milk and cold drink after exerting yourself.

Btw, my husband does think my reaction to milk is funny (lactose intolerant).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bemyonlyone

I sometimes laugh when I'm nervous or upset. It may not just be a guy thing. He could be laughing because he doesn't know what else to do. I am certain he doesn't actually think it's funny that you became ill!
if he does then I would question the relationship.
No he doesn't think my being sick is funny, he really is a sweet guy, he just doesn't know what to do. He felt pretty bad

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, men also think of burping and farting as high entertainment, so go figure! At least he TRIED to help you. When my mom was pregnant, she had morning sickness so bad she wouldn't be able to make it to the bathroom and had to throw up in the sink...and my dad just kept on eating!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Hey, men also think of burping and farting as high entertainment, so go figure! At least he TRIED to help you. When my mom was pregnant, she had morning sickness so bad she wouldn't be able to make it to the bathroom and had to throw up in the sink...and my dad just kept on eating!
Ew!!

When I was pregnant, I had terrible "all day" sickness
and even the smell of food or grocery shopping would make me ralph. My Dh didn't laugh, but he did fart on my head (once) and made me sick
and then he laughed so hard, he almost got sick....
Very mature as you can tell.

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Ew!!

and even the smell of food or grocery shopping would make me ralph. My Dh didn't laugh, but he did fart on my head (once) and made me sick

very.

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

No he doesn't think my being sick is funny, he really is a sweet guy, he just doesn't know what to do. He felt pretty bad
I know, I don't know what I would do if someone suddenly became violently ill. I would try to help as best I could.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ehhh.. Atleast he held your hair, I can't mine to even be that sympathetic!
Maybe he actually has a week stomach and that is his way to deal with it so he doesn't toss his cookies, his way of distraction. Either that or he's just a dork!
Sorry about your tummy not liking you for drinking both!
Take it easy!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After I was done throwing up and back in bed, he brought be in a cool face washer to put on my face and by then I was giggling as well. He got the job of cleaning it up, and I could hear him going "Ewwww I found a mushroom"

I told him it was his punishment for laughing

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Ew!!

Hahaha that's awesome! It's so gross that it's funny, and it's those immature silly things that make you laugh the most I think

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK after reading everyone else's responses, I feel I must admit...when DH threw up a few weeks ago...I stayed on the couch and made icky faces. I may have lost it too if I'd gone in there. (Esp. when I found out he won't throw up in the toilet--only the trash can! Been married almost 4 years and that was the first time he's ever thrown up with me around.) I just don't handle that very well. I'm sure once we have kids and they get sick I'll get over it enough to help them.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm one of those that can't be around someone yakking or I'll toss my cookies too
the worst EVER was once my ex got sick after drinking shots of vodka and eating watermelon, I hate watermelon, hate hate hate it!! plus the smell of sour alcohol, not too mention he missed the gargabe can completely and projectile vomitted on the closet door (we were in our camper) oh what a night

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am sick, I'd rather be left alone. I hate someone looming over me when I am worshipping the porcelin god. If my hubby would come in and laugh I'd probably bite his head off in between puking.

Sorry your smoothies didn't agree with you. Hope you're feeling better now.