Well, it made the local paper-John and Amber, article about fake internet deaths

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we may never know the real truth. Wonder why people do this???? Attention seeking???

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing!! I, like others, wish there was a way to know the real truth. I hope that whoever they are and wherever they are that they find the help that they need.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow. I guess I am naive if I'd think everyone on online forums is honest. I just take for granted they are, since I know I'm not here making up fiction. That's an eye-opener, for sure.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats interesting- I wish we all knew the real truth tho.
Originally Posted by Nellers

Wow. I guess I am naive if I'd think everyone on online forums is honest. I just take for granted they are, since I know I'm not here making up fiction. That's an eye-opener, for sure.
that too to both things

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

I always assume the best in everyone too. Its too bad that is a fault.
Sad really.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Interesting read. About the one girl's account of her own faked "death". There are a lot of teenagers wondering "what would they think if I was dead". This would be a way to find out without doing injury to oneself.

Edit - but it is awkward when one rises from the dead again.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty confident "Amber" is real - from my own bit of research she had enough postings on various animal websites from a long way back, I daresay it's John who isn't real, but whatever... I know now to immediately believe these sorts of things.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... that was interesting but I do know for a FACT that there was an Amber but NO real John. And from the pictures of that baby, the exif data showed that they were taken in April of 2002... so... definatly NOT the "baby". I've written it off long ago now as an immature teenager who was longing for someone to love her and want a family like her sisters (AOL prrof) who all have children and she doens't have any of that. I think she is just really messed in the head for all of it! IMO.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Well... that was interesting but I do know for a FACT that there was an Amber but NO real John. And from the pictures of that baby, the exif data showed that they were taken in April of 2002... so... definatly NOT the "baby". I've written it off long ago now as an immature teenager who was longing for someone to love her and want a family like her sisters (AOL prrof) who all have children and she doens't have any of that. I think she is just really messed in the head for all of it! IMO.
Wow! I didn't know that about the photos- thats just creepy- and wrong.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for posting that link. It's really interesting to see how widespread this behaviour is, whatever the reasons are behind it.
I think the author described TCS really nicely.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happened to us on another board. Which is why I now hesitate to offer condolences. Because you never know if it's true.. On the board I was on they went so far as to ask for a donation. That's where everyone started looking into it and found out it was faked.

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I was just reminded by my hubby that I complained of this happening last year on a TV show fan board I visit. Only that person was pretending to be on of the show's writers....sigh....

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang y'all. Yep, those baby pics sure didn't look like a premie at all...not even a newborn at that. We'll never know.

Dang.

Hilda>^..^<