TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Useage of towels?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Useage of towels?

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Got to ask.......how many times will you use a towel(after a shower/bath)? I am very *anal* about this!! Normally I use it once, maybe twice-then its time for a new one. But I know ppl that use them like 4-5 times....

So what is it with you all?? How many times will you use it?
post #2 of 29
I'll use one until it doesn't seem fresh anymore..It depends, sometimes its 3 days..sometimes 2...
post #3 of 29
once for me too..............but I use about 4 one for my head, one for the floor - even though I have a bath mat down - cant stand the feel of it, so I use a towel, one to wrap around me and one to dry with - thats normal aint it then they all go in the wash basket !
post #4 of 29
I can only use a towel once after I take it out of the closet. To me anything after that isn't getting yourself clean, it's just icky. Of course I am very anal about that, I have a friend that uses her towels up to a week, now to me that's just plain old nasty.
post #5 of 29
You're going to think I'm gross but I'll use a towel until it smells bad. Sometimes longer You are clean when you dry off... so how can water make it dirty? The only way towels get dirty are if you don't air them out right and they mildew.

Sorry if that made anyone puke...
post #6 of 29
I only use it once and then it goes right into the hamper. I like using a clean towel every time.
post #7 of 29
We use them once or twice.
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post
You're going to think I'm gross but I'll use a towel until it smells bad. Sometimes longer You are clean when you dry off... so how can water make it dirty? The only way towels get dirty are if you don't air them out right and they mildew.

Sorry if that made anyone puke...


I was a once a one towel a day girl, but then I went to college where I entered the world of paying to wash your laundry. Same thing in the apartment I live in now. One towel a day gets expensive.

I also wear jeans more than one day.
post #9 of 29
we'll use towels a few times before tossing them in the laundry. My husband has a theory that a towel never gets dirty so I have to gather his up before they start to smell.

how often do you all change the sheets? EOW here ( ok we are slobs)
post #10 of 29
I use them once only also. There is nothing like a fresh scent clean towel to dry off my fresh scent clean body with..
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
we'll use towels a few times before tossing them in the laundry. My husband has a theory that a towel never gets dirty so I have to gather his up before they start to smell.

how often do you all change the sheets? EOW here ( ok we are slobs)
At least once, if not twice a week..yes our water bill is a bit on the high side, from all of the laundry..

The only reason I do my sheets so often is because with 8 fur-babies in bed with me, they get dirty quickly (and I don't want my washer to malfunction from more than needed furr-balls from the shedding.)
post #12 of 29
Just once then its into the dirty cloths hamper.
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_325 View Post


I was a once a one towel a day girl, but then I went to college where I entered the world of paying to wash your laundry. Same thing in the apartment I live in now. One towel a day gets expensive.

I also wear jeans more than one day.
Same here. We have to pay for our laundry- $1.00 to wash/$1.00 to dry- that comes out to be about $5 every week to do laundry, and in the long run- it gets expensive if we want to wash a towel evertime we shower! Especially when John showers 2 times a day... there's no way I could afford to wash them daily!

I don't get why its so gross to re-use them. Your clean when you come out of the shower- we hang ours up right above the heater in the bathroom and they dry out right away.

And like you Emily, I also wear jeans more than one day. Most of mine don't fit good until I wear them a day!
post #14 of 29
2 or 3 times...
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post

I don't get why its so gross to re-use them. Your clean when you come out of the shower- we hang ours up right above the heater in the bathroom and they dry out right away.

And like you Emily, I also wear jeans more than one day. Most of mine don't fit good until I wear them a day!
We use bath towels for a couple of days, as it's a waste of water and energy to wash them after every use, seeing as you're clean after a shower, anyway. The detergent is bad for the environment, too. They get hung over the radiator so they dry quickly. We also wear our jeans two days. Sheets are changed every week, pillowcases usually twice a week.
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily_325 View Post


I was a once a one towel a day girl, but then I went to college where I entered the world of paying to wash your laundry. Same thing in the apartment I live in now. One towel a day gets expensive.

I also wear jeans more than one day.
same here, especially as Matt showers 2-3 times a day!
post #17 of 29
I usually use a towel a few times. I don't want to waste water to clean a towel after one shower/bath.
post #18 of 29
I usually use two towels, the larger bath towels are hung up to be reused but the smaller ones I leave the bathroom with wrapped around my head.
The smaller ones either get tossed in the laundry hamper or used to wipe up something I've spilled.
3rd use of the larger towels is for stepping of the shower on.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Same here. We have to pay for our laundry- $1.00 to wash/$1.00 to dry- that comes out to be about $5 every week to do laundry, and in the long run- it gets expensive if we want to wash a towel evertime we shower! Especially when John showers 2 times a day... there's no way I could afford to wash them daily!

I don't get why its so gross to re-use them. Your clean when you come out of the shower- we hang ours up right above the heater in the bathroom and they dry out right away.

And like you Emily, I also wear jeans more than one day. Most of mine don't fit good until I wear them a day!
Oh thank god. I was starting to think I was a dirty freak here. I'm very strict about my laundry use because it's so expensive for me ($1.50 per wash, $1 per dry). I do laundry once every two weeks. I use one set of towels (one for hair, one for body) every week. I wear a clean shirt every day (have juuust enough to make it through 14 days) and have ummm.... 4 pairs of pants in "regular rotation" that get washed every two weeks. Guess that means I wear each about 4 times before it gets washed. Sheets get done every month.

Please don't think I'm nasty!
post #20 of 29
A towel is good for 2-3 showers worth. I change sheets ideally once a week, but sometimes I get lazy and let it go a little longer. I have a plain sheet that I place over the comforter as otherwise I would have to wash my comforter cover way too often because of cat fur. I wash this top sheet at least once a week, to rid the bed of fur. Amazing how much fur sheds on this sheet.
post #21 of 29
I use each towel a couple of times before it's washed. I change the sheets every Sunday evening. I wear my jeans for a week and then they get washed...but I only wear them for about 1/2 hour each day. Maybe 10 minutes to work, change into scrubs, 10 minutes home from work (unless I go grocery shopping or something after work), then I'm home and change into PJ's for the evening.

Pookie & the girls
post #22 of 29
I use it about 2-3 times... depending on how it seems. I also have to do laundry at the laundry mat so it is more of a neccessity than an option.
post #23 of 29
I use a towel two or three times but I get a clean washcloth every day.
post #24 of 29
now that i have my own washer/dryer, only once. When I didn't, it would be 2 times.
While i probably don't need to, i like the clean towel feel and when it's that time of the month, for sure only once, even before I had my own washer.
post #25 of 29
My rule is at least 2 days. After that if it's more it's only because I need to do laundry! Washcloths are the same since I only use them for my face. DH uses them all over and changes his daily....which is a very good thing!
post #26 of 29
Absolutely none. Towels will be used for a few days if it's just hand washing after using the loo, but when it comes to showers and baths, I use a fresh towel and then throw it in the laundry (will use a not-so-fresh towel if it's only a day old or so, but not always). I think dad is the only one who DOESN'T do this; oftentimes I'll go to the washroom and then when I wash my hands and want to dry them, the towel will still be damp (and dad had a shower the day before!). So I'll end up throwing the disgusting towel into the hamper with a violent fling, then grab a fresh one. You may be clean when you hop out of the shower, but I get the chills when I think about touching a towel that's touched someone else's nether regions. Ick.
post #27 of 29
Mine last a week. I have a shower every couple of days though, we are in severe water restriction and i dont see why i should be wasting more water. I come out clean and only sort of half dry my hair and body so my towels aren't soaked each time i use them. I collect water in the shower between shampoo especially when i wait for the water to go warm and theres just cold going to waste.
post #28 of 29
This is a really funny thread I couldn't be doing with washing towels after every use, esp as I'm clean when I get out of the shower. I have one large bath towel and 2 small towels in the bathroom (one for drying hands and the other for wrapping around my head). They go in the weekly wash each weekend though I'd get a new one before then if I felt one was dirty. If I used a fresh one every day my laundry basket would be overflowing by midweek.

As to sheets - usually once a week too but sometimes I go a bit longer.
post #29 of 29
I use my towels 3 times and then they go into the wash. It's only me using it and when I'm out of the shower I hope I washed myself well enough to get all of the dirt and dead skin so all I'm doing is wiping off water.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Useage of towels?