Useage of towels?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got to ask.......how many times will you use a towel(after a shower/bath)? I am very *anal* about this!! Normally I use it once, maybe twice-then its time for a new one. But I know ppl that use them like 4-5 times....

So what is it with you all?? How many times will you use it?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
once for me too..............but I use about 4 one for my head, one for the floor - even though I have a bath mat down - cant stand the feel of it, so I use a towel, one to wrap around me and one to dry with - thats normal aint it
then they all go in the wash basket !

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only use a towel once after I take it out of the closet. To me anything after that isn't getting yourself clean, it's just icky. Of course I am very anal about that, I have a friend that uses her towels up to a week, now to me that's just plain old nasty.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're going to think I'm gross but I'll use a towel until it smells bad. Sometimes longer
You are clean when you dry off... so how can water make it dirty? The only way towels get dirty are if you don't air them out right and they mildew.

Sorry if that made anyone puke...

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only use it once and then it goes right into the hamper. I like using a clean towel every time.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

You're going to think I'm gross but I'll use a towel until it smells bad. Sometimes longer
You are clean when you dry off... so how can water make it dirty? The only way towels get dirty are if you don't air them out right and they mildew.

Sorry if that made anyone puke...

I was a once a one towel a day girl, but then I went to college where I entered the world of paying to wash your laundry. Same thing in the apartment I live in now. One towel a day gets expensive.

I also wear jeans more than one day.

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
we'll use towels a few times before tossing them in the laundry. My husband has a theory that a towel never gets dirty so I have to gather his up before they start to smell.

how often do you all change the sheets? EOW here ( ok we are slobs)

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use them once only also. There is nothing like a fresh scent clean towel to dry off my fresh scent clean body with..

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

we'll use towels a few times before tossing them in the laundry. My husband has a theory that a towel never gets dirty so I have to gather his up before they start to smell.

how often do you all change the sheets? EOW here ( ok we are slobs)
At least once, if not twice a week..yes our water bill is a bit on the high side, from all of the laundry..

The only reason I do my sheets so often is because with 8 fur-babies in bed with me, they get dirty quickly (and I don't want my washer to malfunction from more than needed furr-balls from the shedding.)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

I was a once a one towel a day girl, but then I went to college where I entered the world of paying to wash your laundry. Same thing in the apartment I live in now. One towel a day gets expensive.

Same here. We have to pay for our laundry- $1.00 to wash/$1.00 to dry- that comes out to be about $5 every week to do laundry, and in the long run- it gets expensive if we want to wash a towel evertime we shower! Especially when John showers 2 times a day... there's no way I could afford to wash them daily!

I don't get why its so gross to re-use them. Your clean when you come out of the shower- we hang ours up right above the heater in the bathroom and they dry out right away.

And like you Emily, I also wear jeans more than one day. Most of mine don't fit good until I wear them a day!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I don't get why its so gross to re-use them. Your clean when you come out of the shower- we hang ours up right above the heater in the bathroom and they dry out right away.

And like you Emily, I also wear jeans more than one day. Most of mine don't fit good until I wear them a day!
We use bath towels for a couple of days, as it's a waste of water and energy to wash them after every use, seeing as you're clean after a shower, anyway. The detergent is bad for the environment, too. They get hung over the radiator so they dry quickly. We also wear our jeans two days. Sheets are changed every week, pillowcases usually twice a week.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

same here, especially as Matt showers 2-3 times a day!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually use a towel a few times. I don't want to waste water to clean a towel after one shower/bath.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually use two towels, the larger bath towels are hung up to be reused but the smaller ones I leave the bathroom with wrapped around my head.

The smaller ones either get tossed in the laundry hamper or used to wipe up something I've spilled.
3rd use of the larger towels is for stepping of the shower on.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Same here. We have to pay for our laundry- $1.00 to wash/$1.00 to dry- that comes out to be about $5 every week to do laundry, and in the long run- it gets expensive if we want to wash a towel evertime we shower! Especially when John showers 2 times a day... there's no way I could afford to wash them daily!

Oh thank god. I was starting to think I was a dirty freak here. I'm very strict about my laundry use because it's so expensive for me ($1.50 per wash, $1 per dry). I do laundry once every two weeks. I use one set of towels (one for hair, one for body) every week. I wear a clean shirt every day (have juuust enough to make it through 14 days) and have ummm.... 4 pairs of pants in "regular rotation" that get washed every two weeks. Guess that means I wear each about 4 times before it gets washed. Sheets get done every month.

Please don't think I'm nasty!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A towel is good for 2-3 showers worth. I change sheets ideally once a week, but sometimes I get lazy and let it go a little longer. I have a plain sheet that I place over the comforter as otherwise I would have to wash my comforter cover way too often because of cat fur. I wash this top sheet at least once a week, to rid the bed of fur. Amazing how much fur sheds on this sheet.