panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I highly doubt they're fed the food they're advertising. It's just like show dogs, who are "sponsored" by Purina, Eukanuba etc. are all ACTUALLY fed high quality foods, or raw/home made foods.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe it is like all these people in the TV ads that come on and claim how much weight they have lost eating a certain kind of food that can only be bought within the next 30 minutes!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanillasugar

I highly doubt they're fed the food they're advertising. It's just like show dogs, who are "sponsored" by Purina, Eukanuba etc. are all ACTUALLY fed high quality foods, or raw/home made foods.
There is no reason they would have to eat that poor quality food...no on watching the commercial would know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree about your veiws about what the cats are really fed. You really need to be wary of of pet foods and what goes into them. I alo wonder what kinds of lives do those cats live? I mean when they get older, ect. Bindi is on raw/canned Innova evo. and gets dry Innova evo/solid gold mix. He's very healthy.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...lies/smile.gif

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
many of them are quite happy and healthy( yeah it doesnt meke sence) .....Kandie ate friskies for her first 13 yrs... I think she only made it so long before the kidney issues because she ate wet food and grandma brought her homemade..Would I ever feed a cat or dog grocery or some"premiums " NOPE .. my girls eats high end dry, raw , canned and homemade... Last night was my dogs first meaty bone adventure...lmao it was funny

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

I think the truth is you get what you pay for, I would personally only go cheap on littler,food bowls, collers, but never on vet care or food. Bindi is thriving and I owe it all to you guys http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...ilies/clap.gif
Not really.... see to feed two 11-13 lb girls raw ( 90% ) actually costs me the same as feeding my 90% dry girl.... about 20 bucks a month.... high end dry with canned costs about 30$ a month , high end dry alon about 15-20 a month , canned alone is about 35 $ a month raw is about 15-25( depending on what meat ) for one cat or small sog on ave... I am saving a ton on the two on raw
... the two of them run me about 25 a month for raw food and another ten for supplements

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thats nice to hear, One day I might switch Bindi over to just raw, but for now he eats both, some days he loves raw other days, like today ...not.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I have seen many show/breeder cats are fed Iams/Eukanuba. I have even seen breeders feed their cats friskies at shows.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As bad as this sounds for the animals they should make a law saying that if you sell ANY brand of pet food as a busniess. YOU HAVE TO FEED ONLY WHAT YOUR SELLING, to the animals you show on TV with the food. The reson being that people are not being fooled by the cats 'heathy looks' what they see is going to be what they get if they feed that product. Shelters should upgrade in food also in my opinion.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

As bad as this sounds for the animals they should make a law saying that if you sell ANY brand of pet food as a busniess. YOU HAVE TO FEED ONLY WHAT YOUR SELLING, to the animals you show on TV with the food. The reson being that people are not being fooled by the cats 'heathy looks' what they see is going to be what they get if they feed that product. Shelters should upgrade in food also in my opinion.
Good theroy ... but all food s dont work for all cat s...