Starting to worry a bit....not urgent but please respond ASAP.

dutchessmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As I believe I mentioned, this is unfortunately her second litter....My lovable little cat doesn't seem smart enough to know when to have the babies...I know, that sounds crazy. BUT, look at the facts...she has been having the feline equivalent of Braxton-Hicks contractions for about 3-4 days, she has an increasing amount of discharge, and she is big as a cat house! I am guessing she got pregnant about New Years when she got out. It should be past time. Her last litter....she had 6 kittens, 3 of whom lived.

Is there a way to induce labor in cats? As we all know it is Sunday so the only vet option would be an emergency vet, and I can't afford it really if all is normal and right. The poor thing is SO uncomfortable...I gave her some turkey this morning as a treat (they only get human food - aka Turkey about once a month, I am a real pain about that) and she ate it, she is drinking but she just looks generally miserable.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I'm here!!!

If she got out on New year's then she's only at about 60 days. Don't panic yet. Wait until monday - which should make it 61 days. If she's panting a lot then, I would suggest a visit to the vet. There is a medicine called oxytocin which can induce labour but at only 60-61 days I would just hang on for a little while longer. If it was the 65th day than I would be more worried.

Patience and hang on until tommorrow. My Dodo was panting four 3 days before she finally delivered and even then, I don't think the babies were ready - I lost 2 out of 4.

Calming breaths - and positive energy going to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dutchessmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No panting...just lazing, grazing and Warlock is following her around and sniffing at her like she is a big old leg of turkey! Will be sure to let everyone know as soon as I hear anything.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is your baby today? I hope we are all grandparents by now.

If not, do you think you should give your vet a call and just give him/her the particulars and see if they have any suggestions?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if she was mated on new yrs eve then that makes her about 64 days dosnt it?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it does. I found this thread again while surfing. She had contractions on the 4th and 5th and yesturday was the 6th that is a long time to have contractions. I mean one are 2 is fine but she had all the discarge too. She would be 67 days today if my numbers are correct which I do not rely on these days
But I think meowmy is doing the right thing taking her to the vet. I hope to hear something soon. I am on the worried side now

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Yes it does. I found this thread again while surfing. She had contractions on the 4th and 5th and yesturday was the 6th that is a long time to have contractions. I mean one are 2 is fine but she had all the discarge too. She would be 67 days today if my numbers are correct which I do not rely on these days
But I think meowmy is doing the right thing taking her to the vet. I hope to hear something soon. I am on the worried side now

Hopefully all is well.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure what time it is where they are. I fifgure I would give it 2 hours and check in and maybe do that every 2 hours she could of had kittens in the night and both are just sleeping