A funny conversation...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, DH and I went to Toys R Us to pick out a new board game for ourselves. Well, the one we have in our area is the combined type where they have a whole baby section. I thought it would be the perfect time to get Dr. Claw his baby t-shirts due to his fur ripping issues. Knowing NOTHING about small children I sought out an employee to help me out. As we were walking around this was our conversation.

Her: "You look great for just having a baby! Is it a boy or a girl?"

Me: "It's a cat. He's got some fur pulling issues and he needs to wear a t-shirt at night so we can get him to stop."

Her: "Umm.. okay. This is the weirdest request I've ever had."

Me: "I know. But, he is a boy so I'd like to stay away from pink if at all possible."

Such is the life of the "crazy cat lady".

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol.. do we get to see a pic of Dr. Claw in his baby t shirt? And did you pick out one with the most humiliating slogan, something like "I'm a big boy now"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

lol.. do we get to see a pic of Dr. Claw in his baby t shirt? And did you pick out one with the most humiliating slogan, something like "I'm a big boy now"
No, they only had those onezie things with the snap crotch. I'm going to have to go to Target or Walmart today to try to find just the shirts. We were thinking about writing funny things on them like "I Bite" and "Killer".

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nooooo get ones with slogans like "My brother did it", and "If you think I'm cute you should see my mum".

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Nooooo get ones with slogans like "My brother did it", and "If you think I'm cute you should see my mum".
LOL! How cute! I'm just trying to get away from the Elmo and Dora stuff.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best baby shirt of all time I've ever seen was one my brother found. Let me give you some back ground. My SIL is from India and my brother is Caucasian. They have a lot of Indian friends, live in an Indian area, so it's not obvious that he may be the father. It said "You're not my real Daddy."

He thought it was funny. My SIL got upset. I can't see why.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That must have been funny! I remember getting much the same reaction when looking for no-skid children's socks for a dog with a grass allergy. I used to get it when I first started going to one gourmet deli, because I would buy two portions of batter-dipped calamari for us, and one portion of steamed for Jamie. A couple of the salespeople asked if our "child" didn't like batter-dipped, and if we had a boy or girl. Now they know the steamed calamari are for Jamie Cat.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now you've got me giggling like a little girl!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by estelle58

Did you try pet stores... they have clothes for pets...
The dog shirts are crazy expensive, and too big. I have to go with tiny shirts.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Just a thought, but could you use very stretchy tube socks or tights (with the toe end cut off), or one of those bibs with "shoulders", that snap up the back?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Okay... I'm back from Target. They had a great sale on the Onesie things so I bought one and cut off the bottom. DH is on his computer now, so it will be a few before I upload the pics. Dr. Claw looks sooooo cute.

Here's the update:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...03#post1629903
He looks adorable!
I hope it does the trick.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks good in his shirt.. May I also suggest to you, old sweatshirts you can cut the sleeve off and cut arm holes, the wrist is the collar. Worked great for Kitters when she pulled her fur out... This is her's.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

He looks good in his shirt.. May I also suggest to you, old sweatshirts you can cut the sleeve off and cut arm holes, the wrist is the collar. Worked great for Kitters when she pulled her fur out... This is her's.
That's a great idea! I have an old one that moved with us, so I may just have to do that. My main issue is that he is really broad in his chest area, so the snaps on the neck line are very helpful.