Everyone has one!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate this! It seems like everyone around me is having babies- tonight one of our friends brought over their 2 month little girl- just the CUTEST little thing... and of course, for 2 hrs, I spent holding her while she slept. And then tonight my cousin had their little boy, and sent me photos, also- the cutest little thing ever!

I'm no where near having a child- but good lord, I want one!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel ya. It always seems like everyone is getting engaged, married, having kids and all those things BUT me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I feel ya. It always seems like everyone is getting engaged, married, having kids and all those things BUT me.
Haha- I feel ya on that one too!! But it was nice when she started to cry- I could just give her right back to her daddy

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky that I'm just a few years too young for my friends/siblings to start having kids. It's going to be a rough time once they start coming and I've got no prospect of any little ones myself...

But we must have patience! At least you've got two adorable cats to baby.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG, I do NOT want one
I agree!

Don't worry Kenz...fate has a plan for you...all the pieces of the puzzle will fall together when they are meant to. Just think how much more stressed you'd be right now if you were pregnant or had a baby & were looking for a job!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I'm not even dating right now because I'm so busy trying to save up for a house, etc, that I have so many goals that I want to accomplish...maybe something will be in my future! I sure hope so because I'm not getting any younger!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I agree!

Don't worry Kenz...fate has a plan for you...all the pieces of the puzzle will fall together when they are meant to. Just think how much more stressed you'd be right now if you were pregnant or had a baby & were looking for a job!
Yeah yeah

But they are so damned cute.... and they smell so good.... someday I'll have one!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. I don't think I will be having any for a while though.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ian and I would love to have kids someday, but I've conditioned myself to be terrified of babies until my 30th birthday

j/k....but I have a lot of things I need to do (and a career ladder to climb the rungs of) before I'll be in a position to be seduced by the cuteness of babies. I just focus on the very small number on my bank statement and give my kitties a big fat hug!

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my 75 year old grandfather was ranting about babies last night. It was my cousin's birthday and she just turned 26. He was talking about how her goal for this age was to at least be married (she is engaged) and she wants a baby before she's 30.

"30!" he said, and he looked at my mother. "Your mother had Gail when she was 26." and he went on naming all the kids and ranting on. Gail was baby number 6. And he says that birth control is the reason he only has one great-grandchild.

I would have loved to get married and have kids when I was 19 like my grandmother. It's just today it's not socially acceptable to do.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I hate this! It seems like everyone around me is having babies
It must be something in the water, LOL

I've never wanted kids. I used to babysit back when I was a teenager and I helped raise my nephew for the first 5 years of his life while I lived with my brother and his wife.

Babies just don't interest me. I coo at them out of obligation and to make the parents feel good but so far as having one, holding one or even looking after one for an evening... nope it just doesn't interst me. Most of my friends have married (and remarried) and have kids. However, I found myself drifting away from them as they had kids because I got tired of hearing about babies and small children and having "family" days when we would get together.

I'm not adverse to being "Step Mom" to a man's kids if I found a man that I wanted to marry. However, I would prefer it if the kids were adults and already living on their own

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have no desire to have any babies either...I have two stepsons, 13 and 11, and that's enough mothering for me, thanks very much!

I love babies...I just love everyone else's. Can't imagine raising one from scratch.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best part is when they are older and you get to pick out their toys!

I've met a grandmother my age. I thought her granddaughter was her daughter (same age as my daughter). She said the women in her family have their first baby at 16, and the little girl has a great-great-grandmother, and a couple of great-grandmothers alive. FREAKY!

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the tug at your heart doesn't really go away completely. Mine are 19 and 16. But I see a cute little one and I want. For about... oh.... a minute or two.
I'm patientely waiting for the grandkids. (Not yet though!) I can't wait to spoil and send home!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel Kenz, but at least you can still look forward to the day you have your own.
At my age, I will not purposely get pregnant, I feel it is too selfish.
My mother was 36 when I was born, and I really missed having a mom around (the teens when you want to go and do stuff), she was always too tired.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I know how you feel Kenz, but at least you can still look forward to the day you have your own.
At my age, I will not purposely get pregnant, I feel it is too selfish.
My mother was 36 when I was born, and I really missed having a mom around (the teens when you want to go and do stuff), she was always too tired.
Thats why I want to have kids before I'm 30 (I'm only 22), but I want to be around for my kids to be with, and watch them grow up. My mom had me when she was 18- and she's my best friend- all my Aunts had their kids before they were 25-30 age range, and they are all so close with their kids, adn have really gotten to participate in all the fun stuff while we all grew up.

In all reality- I want to have my 1st child before I'm 25!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

In all reality- I want to have my 1st child before I'm 25!
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 23 and am getting panicky because I'm getting OLD!!! I want those babies well before I'm 30. So I sit here and do the math:
I'm not in a relationship. If I meet someone tomorrow and we start dating it'll be AT LEAST a good year or two (at least, I'd like a lot more!!) before we get engaged- and that's if he's the right one.
So then I'd be 24/25. Say a year for engagement, making me 26.
Even if I get pregnant right after we get married (yes, me and this invisible, non-existent boy) I'll be 27 before the first one comes along. And I want more than one!!!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Most of my friends didn't start having kids till they were between 30-35. They needed to work for at least 8 years first to save money for a home, daycare, maternity leave. same goes for their husbands. It's an expensive undertaking.
The only people i know who had kids young (19) lived with their parents and had mothers who were willing to look after the child when the mom went back to work.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hate this! It seems like everyone around me is having babies- tonight one of our friends brought over their 2 month little girl- just the CUTEST little thing... and of course, for 2 hrs, I spent holding her while she slept. And then tonight my cousin had their little boy, and sent me photos, also- the cutest little thing ever!

I'm no where near having a child- but good lord, I want one!
Don't worry... That phase will pass