Mysterious mouse in the house

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know there is a mouse living in the kitchen. The cats told me so.

I have never seen this mouse nor seen evidence of mouse droppings nor chewed up food packages. But the cats hang out by the bottom of the refridgerator and a space under the dishwasher and another space where the cubboard doesn't quite meet the wall on the ground, just watching and waiting. One time I caught Nermal starring at the wall on the otherside of the fridge, as if the mouse was in the wall.

I even stuck a sticky mouse trap in one of these mini crawl spaces for about 6 months with no luck. As a matter of fact, I found this sticky trap recently in the basement, as if one of the cats got it stuck on his paw and ran around till it fell off.
(as an aside, I had a cat awhile back who got the bib on his chest stuck on a roll of fly paper. We knew it as the fly paper roll was covered in white fur and laying on the ground. Our cat also had brown kunk on his bib).

Has any one else had a mouse like this, or perhaps a mouse ghost?

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It might be a bug. For a few days Nigel was sitting facing the corner in my kitchen, staring for hours. I chalked it up to him being the little weirdo that he is.
Then I was painting the wall in that corner and there was this tiny space where the linoleum was coming up, and this even tinier bug came out of the space. Guess that's what he finds so enchanting about the corner...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah could be a bug. A mouse would get caught in the trap most likely I think. Trout will watch a bug for a while too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

It might be a bug. For a few days Nigel was sitting facing the corner in my kitchen, staring for hours. I chalked it up to him being the little weirdo that he is.
Then I was painting the wall in that corner and there was this tiny space where the linoleum was coming up, and this even tinier bug came out of the space. Guess that's what he finds so enchanting about the corner...
Maybe, however I haven't seen any bugs lately and it's really cold out for bugs. And, this has been going on for months.

Now they are huddled around the vent watching (as an aside, look how Nermal likes to sit sometimes with his paw/elbows out! Awhhh, cute):

[/IMG]

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine keep doing that, staring at one wall, and even running along it, all of them in unison, so I know there is something. Occasionally one of them even jumps at the wall, or paws it. If anything does show up (a bird did once) it won't last long!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Mine keep doing that, staring at one wall, and even running along it, all of them in unison, so I know there is something. Occasionally one of them even jumps at the wall, or paws it. If anything does show up (a bird did once) it won't last long!
That's what I keep hoping!

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its probably either some bug on the move or a mouse. But if you had a mouse, I would bet you'd hear something as whatever it is (or isn't) is showing up in different locations.

I'm not sure what type of weather you are having but I know that right after a thaw, I'll see an increase in flies and such getting in the house and then the kitties are on the move more. In particular if its a spider. Eek!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Could be a spider. My house is old so there are spiders in the basement. They are harmless. As long as they stay out of sight in the cellar, I'm happy.