And then there were 19......

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's right - you heard me - 19!!!
I've gone from 5 cats to 19 cats in my house in 2 weeks.

I have now been officially certified as "The Crazy Cat Lady" by all who know me
. I don't even DARE tell my mom! She thinks I'm crazy just for having the 5, nevermind upping it to 19 in two weeks. I told her I was adding on a small family (mom and kits) to foster and she told me "you're in way over your head"
. To which I responded - if I was in over my head and didn't enjoy doing this - I wouldn't have VOLUNTEERED!

So anyways - the troups are:
Zoey
Snickers
Peanut
Pebbles
Chance
Mia
Twizzler
Pez
Taffy
Skittles
"momma cat" (don't know her name
)
Google
Proxy
Pixel
Aster
Iris
Sweet Pea
Johnny Jump Up (JJ)
and....last arrival today....Simon!

I'll have to post pictures of Simon soon (I want to give him some adjustment time first). He's a 7 year old gray male with a white neck and chin. If you look directly at his face, his nose is black and there is a line exactly horizontal across his face separating the gray on the top from the white on the bottom. He's 17lbs and he is a HUGE boy. The only thing I can think that he reminds me of is a Koala bear. He's big, round, pudgy, fluffy, with squeezably soft thick gray fur.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Lisa! What are Zoey, Snickers, Peanut, Pebbles and Chance doing? Are they ok?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, that's alot of furbabies.But, more to love too.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Oh wow, that's alot of furbabies.But, more to love too.
That's a lot of kitties! But you are only fostering right? The kittens will be adopted out in time. So it won't be 19 forever?

As an aside, I visited a house in Kingston Ontario which had something like 360 cats (the couple was in the Enquirer. I was living in Kingston and had to go check it out with a donation of course). I have some photos which I should scan and post on the site. You in particular might get a kick out of the pictures

Later.....I googled around to find some info on this to post with little luck. I made a mistake however with my number count. It was 689 cats.
Here's all I could find:
http://www.cat-world.com.au/CatRecords.htm
http://www.iphc.washington.edu/staff/joan/cat.htm

I'm going to hunt around for the photos and start a thread. I didn't get many photos as I wanted as I had cats jumping on me from every angle. It was a little freaky in there.
I believe all the cats were fixed and the owner, Donna, said that a vet came round to give them there shots regularly. She adopted them all from kill shelters and of course university students dropped them off to her when they didn't want their cat anymore.
It was surprisingly clean in their home, considering how many there were.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

OK, you now have more cats than ME!
You need help!
No help needed - I'm beyond help!

Originally Posted by Pami

OMG Lisa! What are Zoey, Snickers, Peanut, Pebbles and Chance doing? Are they ok?
Actually they've only met Mia - and that was by accident. I was in the kitchen making their dinner and turned around to see Mia sitting in the kitchen with them. No hissing, spitting, nothing - they all just kinda looked at each other like "where the hell did she come from?"

Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

That's a lot of kitties! But you are only fostering right? The kittens will be adopted out in time. So it won't be 19 forever?

As an aside, I visited a house in Kingston Ontario which had something like 360 cats (the couple was in the Enquirer. I was living in Kingston and had to go check it out with a donation of course). I have some photos which I should scan and post on the site. You in particular might get a kick out of the pictures
Yes they are only fosters, and they will go eventually, but the earliest is 4 weeks because of the age of the babies. So it's 19 for the next 4 weeks!! Unless - Simon gets adopted.

As for the pictures - I'd love to see them! 360 is waaaayyyyy over the top. I hope they have help taking care of them. I'd be worried that someone would go missing or would be sick or something and I wouldn't know. I'm worried now!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's a lot of kitties
hehe I thought I was the crazy kitten lady, but alas, I am no more...I was sitting at 15 for a while, but now I am back down to only 2 cats. Another mama cat always comes along again in need.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Later.....I googled around to find some info on this to post with little luck. I made a mistake however with my number count. It was 689 cats.
Here's all I could find:
http://www.cat-world.com.au/CatRecords.htm
http://www.iphc.washington.edu/staff/joan/cat.htm

I'm going to hunt around for the photos and start a thread. I didn't get many photos as I wanted as I had cats jumping on me from every angle. It was a little freaky in there.
I believe all the cats were fixed and the owner, Donna, said that a vet came round to give them there shots regularly. She adopted them all from kill shelters and of course university students dropped them off to her when they didn't want their cat anymore.
It was surprisingly clean in their home, considering how many there were.
Thanks for the links! These people are nuts!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow - that is a HUGE jump in a short time! The good news is that they will get thru all the stress of introductions all at once!! If you're going to grow your household, might as well do it all at once....

Good luck (and I mean it)!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Actually they've only met Mia - and that was by accident. I was in the kitchen making their dinner and turned around to see Mia sitting in the kitchen with them. No hissing, spitting, nothing - they all just kinda looked at each other like "where the hell did she come from?"
OMG thats a sign that Mia is meant to be there!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh boy, are you in for it.

I have nine 12 week old's, two 5 month old's, and 3 adults in the house right now. The circus never stops. Thank God they all sleep through the night.

Enjoy the insanity!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Aren't you allergic to cats?
Yes!
But - thank god the shots are helping!!

Originally Posted by Pami

OMG thats a sign that Mia is meant to be there!
Ummm...NO. She's cute as a button, but I'm NOT keeping her. This is going to be my downfall though because I fall in love with a lot of these cats.
Mia is gorgeous and is so lovable. I can cradle her like a baby and play with her feet and her tail. She's awesome! and Simon - the new one is such a big love!
It's like having a teddy bear in the house!!

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

CRAZY CRAZY CAT LADY!!

You have outnumbered me by far!!
But its an awesome thing, so its all good!!!
I just officially received my crazy cat lady T-shirts in fact.

I bought 4 of them and they say:
1) I "am" the crazy cat lady
2) Crazy Cat Lady Society
3) Cat's are like potato chips, you can't have just one
4) (my favorite) - I'm just one bad relationship away from becoming the crazy cat lady.