i was on the news

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o my...idk what i even look like
and me and my brother got interviewed on the news because there was a dead bodie found on the next street over
its pretty scary...and well my mom was a lil tipsy last night but she said she heard 4-5 gun shots at a little after 4 am !!! This is just so scary and freaky, o and my gram seen me on the news and she was able to tell it was me not by my hair or my voice but my JEANS
such a weirdo !!!
but o man i live in a nice little quiet neighborhood with not a lot of people and everything and alot of woods tho! But I seen my one neighbor for the first time in years, I have never met so many of my neighbors
everyone was stopping asking us nosey neighbors what happened, I cant believe me and my brother was on the news, I was a little nervous
and well i said this is all freaky
but what a weekend this has turned out to be
i was already worried about my wooded area but man we got out of a bad neighborhood and no this is turning bad
I just cant believe i was on the news, my hairs all messed up and well i woke up to little kids screaming and I was freezing cold and had the sniffles and i get interviewed
I just cant believe all of this, this is just so scary...i can see alot of sleepless nights for me now !!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh that's scary! Crime can happen anywhere really, but any time it's close to home it's discomforting. I hope it was just an isolated incident!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like when i was a kid..scary they found a body burned a few blocks up... he wasnt killed in our area..but..ugh it was horrible

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Sounds like when i was a kid..scary they found a body burned a few blocks up... he wasnt killed in our area..but..ugh it was horrible
Ew, that would be awful.

Cool that you were on the news though I guess

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's scary- reminds me of home
Memphis is so crime infested it stinks. Stay safe hon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya...whats funny is they showed me and my brother on the news 2 times today and i didn't get to see either time
i actually thought they were going to interview the other lady you know ! But this is all just so scary..and of course I am not home tonite...idk if I really wanna be
i probably wouldn't sleep of course all though it is past my usual bedtime and I gotta babysit ALL day tomarrow
I wanna see my kitties...tooo much excitement today and let me tell u its been one of those days...nothing much really happens were I live but lately its becoming horrible ! Just to know that that happened so close and also the street it happened on is semi closed they have it open to a certain point and thats it and i think the spot where it happened was right were its closed but I am not sure...alot of people walk there or walk their pets there for the simple fact that the roads closed...but its just so scary and also that my mom heard the shots but she didnt think anything of it because she thought that our neighbor was shooting at rats or something (we dont have rats but because we live in a wooded area i guess he sees them or something like that
but he does feed the deer same with my mom and one other lady
) or someone had hit a deer
and the cops were putting it down
or a transformer blew because they were loud shots you know and wll my mom was tipsy and thought nothing of it and it was about 4 am! Its just so crazy because that freaks me out more because we are more secluded were we live !!
from now on thats me times a 1,000 alos when they left it was dark and my brother left to go home and man i hate walking in my alley at night because theres maybe one street light and thats in front of our house the rest of the alley is really dark so u know i ran home

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, considering I have your news channels I think I saw you!!!! LOLOL

But seriously, that is very scary to hear that so close to home. I've never heard gunshots that were not due to sporting reasons but my husband used to live in a very bad neighborhood and he heard them almost nightly. You and your family be safe!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow-very scary!!

But being on the news, looking all *funny*, isnt that the best part??
I mean, you know they do that on purpose,lol. Interview ppl at the worst times

Stay safe sweetie!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellers

Hmmm, considering I have your news channels I think I saw you!!!! LOLOL

But seriously, that is very scary to hear that so close to home. I've never heard gunshots that were not due to sporting reasons but my husband used to live in a very bad neighborhood and he heard them almost nightly. You and your family be safe!!
I was on channel 4
I know our old neighbor hood their is a lot of gang violence there so there was daily shootings there...and we move out of there over 10 years ago and now our place is getting bad...that is just so scary to even imagine like i already get freaked out where I live due to lots and lots of woods
but no one bothers anyone there so it was ok...now at my brothers tho its iffy bvecause that is sort of a bad neighborhood, any where u go now is turning bad
Its just blows my mind....also idk if i already said this but my grandma noticed me by my pants...not my hair, face, or voice but my pants
at least i know my gram no's my wardrobe better than me
I havent been home yet but they know its a black male in his 20's and thats all they know as of now, but we did see them gather alot of evidence but looking over a hill is kind of hard but we do believe they gathered quit a bit of evidence and they measured alot of things

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's frightening when a violent crime is committed so close to home, but that type of thing can really happen anywhere. Hopefully it was an isolated incident.
I hope you can calm down and get some sleep.