What was he thinking?

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So at petsmart today. Checking out and was next in line look over at door and see a pit bull(nothing against them if they aren't fighting trained...but this guy was in a recent fight and ears cut off real low) then realize he is on leash but has slipped guys hand...owner is walking slow as possible as his dog starts to enter the store!?! then after we at car he is walking him towards toy store off leash...can ANYONE OFFER that reason. Even if it was a golden your walking a dog in a PARKING LOT HELLO!!!! God please help protect that poor boy whos got that "owner" on a bright note a few cats from the rescue had adopted on theri id cards

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Some people can be really dense about their pets. If something happened to the dog, he would have blamed someone else.

Great about the adoptions though.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I worry that people see a pit bull and jump to conclusions, i.e., it had just been in a fight and it's ears were cropped. How could you tell it had just been in a fight? Was there blood all over it's face or something? Were the ears bitten off? What exactly caused you to believe the above statements? My friend had a female pit that was the sweetest thing you'd ever meet.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just don't like that many owners don't understand the purpose of the leash. Many cities around here instituted the "pets on leash" law (unless in a fenced in yard), but people still think that it doesn't apply to them.

My neighbor never has her dogs on leash and while they are really friendly and good dogs, I worry that I might accidentally hit one backing out of my drive way. I can't see well when I am backing out.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I worry that people see a pit bull and jump to conclusions, i.e., it had just been in a fight and it's ears were cropped. How could you tell it had just been in a fight? Was there blood all over it's face or something? Were the ears bitten off? What exactly caused you to believe the above statements? My friend had a female pit that was the sweetest thing you'd ever meet.
I agree cropped ears do not equal a fighting dog necessarily. Were there scars or anything else?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I own a female pitty and shes so incredibly sweet(too sweet at times,lol) her and my other dogs go out and run(we live out) and there was a time when she had a big ole' cut in her head and seriously if you would of seen her, you would of automatically assumed she was a "fighter".......