Do you pray?

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering how many people out there say prayers? I pray every night before I go to bed and sometimes during the day if I feel I need to. My grandmother was a 100% Italian Catholic woman who was such a great lady and she would always pray and I learned this from her and my father, my mom prays also. My grandmother lived to be 94 and remained in very good health for her entire life and always seemed so happy, I'm not saying this has anything to do with praying and I don't even want to live to be 94!
But, I do pray for my loved ones, myself and for all the homeless animals and any animal that may be sick or needs help. That's just a few things I pray about daily.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was raised in an Irish/Italian Catholic family, and I used to say the rosary with my mom every night when I was younger. I really didn't get anything out of that...I was just saying memorized words to get it over with. Of course, that's a teenager for you! I still pray, but in my own way. I don't use formal prayers, more like a one way conversation in my heart. I will admit though, in times of extreme stress, I do find comfort in saying the rosary. Maybe its because its familiar...maybe its because sometimes I don't know what to pray for. But yes, I do pray.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really unless something has happened--like a disaster (prayed for the southern US on Thursday), even though my family's Catholic. I do meditate though.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I was raised in an Irish/Italian Catholic family, and I used to say the rosary with my mom every night when I was younger. I really didn't get anything out of that...I was just saying memorized words to get it over with. Of course, that's a teenager for you! I still pray, but in my own way. I don't use formal prayers, more like a one way conversation in my heart. I will admit though, in times of extreme stress, I do find comfort in saying the rosary. Maybe its because its familiar...maybe its because sometimes I don't know what to pray for. But yes, I do pray.
same here, only my family was only Irish

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I do pray every night before I go to bed, I pray for anything, it doesn't matter, and when people on this site or any other site that I belong to, I pray for them too.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I pray every night before bed and also throughout the day. My Dad (he's passed away) and my Mom are both Ministers.So, I was raised that faith will get you through all of lifes troubles......even though at the time you want to question WHY on things.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Yes, I pray every night before bed and also throughout the day. My Dad (he's passed away) and my Mom are both Ministers.So, I was raised that faith will get you through all of lifes troubles......even though at the time you want to question WHY on things.
My faith is strong too Tammy, and that is what gets us though the troubled times in our life.

I don't question God while I am here on this Earth, because I know that God knows what he is doing. But when I get to Heaven, me and God are gonna sit down so I can ask questions, but he really doesn't hafta tell me why then, it won't matter. I still wanna ask him though.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pray a lot, but then again it is my job to pray with and for people if they would like. I pray on my own several times a day, mostly to get strength to face the day. I also pray the rosary, but not daily, and get this nifty prayer of the day email.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also pray before going to sleep and I also pray for the animals. When it is freezing outside I pray that He finds a way to keep the strays warm and survive the cold night. I also pray every night for my kitty Misty, she is an old gay of 14 and I want her with me for a long, long time. I am also a Catholic but do not practice it anymore meaning that I don't attend Church but I believe there is a God.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

When it is freezing outside I pray that He finds a way to keep the strays warm and survive the cold night. I also pray every night for my kitty Misty, she is an old gay of 14 and I want her with me for a long, long time.
I do the same thing when it's very cold outside, thank god that's not the case now. My Sash is 14 too and I say many prayers for him.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello.
Yes, I pray all the time. I am a Christian. I was looking down the forum and saw your thread and was very interested to see what others had to say.

Praying is a part of my every day life. Nothing is too small to pray. So even things that seem silly, I pray about. Praying is like having a conversation with my best friend.

Philippians 4:6 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

Hello.
Yes, I pray all the time. I am a Christian. I was looking down the forum and saw your thread and was very interested to see what others had to say.

Praying is a part of my every day life. Nothing is too small to pray. So even things that seem silly, I pray about. Praying is like having a conversation with my best friend.

Philippians 4:6 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

I agree with you, I posted before that I will pray about anything.

And I also thank God for all my blessings.