Interesting goings on last night. Part 2.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Subtitle: Dominance and progress.

So later on last evening, the three of us were lying on my bed as I was watching a movie. Ginger in her usual spot toward the bottom of my bed on a folded blankie, minding her own business, and Ferris, instigating, looking for attention as per his usual.

It started with Ferris up near me, getting lots and lots of scritches (who the heck needs a zoom groom when you can get handfuls of fur just by scritching!
)

After a while, he moved away from me and toward Ginger, laying near her and starting to groom himself. As always, this was just a ruse for him to get closer to her. After a few minutes, I caught him starting to slink over her to chomp down on her neck, because she was snoozing.

He just loves to dominate her in her sleep, LOL! But I foiled his attempt by putting my hand over her head and neck, so he couldn't reach her throat with his teeth. He seemed a tad confused by my actions, and went back to licking himself.

I relaxed back against my pillows, one eye on the movie and one eye on Ferris, and sure enough, he made his move toward her again. As he did so, I reached down, picked him up and lay him across my chest in my arms like a baby, giving him lots more really rough scritches, just the way he likes it.

And over the course of the next 10-15 minutes, he passed out in my arms, purring his heart out. Talk about redirection!
So I held him and scritched him while he catnapped, treasuring every moment with this big ole furbaby in my arms until he woke up again, and once more slithered down to where Ginger lay napping.

Again, he began the task of cleaning himself, but this time, in earnest, with no apparent ulterior "bite Ginger" motive. As he did so, his front paws began to touch Ginger's, and I leaned in close, expecting to redirect him once more, but to my surprise, found I didn't need to!

She woke up, saw what he was doing, and stayed right where she was for a change. I think because she knew I was two inches behind them, so she felt safe to stay there. It looked like they were holding paws!
He even licked one of her paws for a second, until she flinched. Aww!
I gave her lots of kisses on the top of her head for reassurance, and I think that helped.

Ferris washed himself some more, then curled up right next to her, really close, facing away from me and watching the TV set. From behind them, I got my very first glimpse of what it might look like if they cuddled up together.
I saw the backs of two little heads, ears up, facing in the same direction, a mere inch from touching cheeks.

I wish I'd been able to take a picture to share with you all - that one moment was months in the making. What an interesting night I had with my two!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
What a wonderful sight. Certainly makes up for the chaos from earlier.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Subtitle: Dominance and progress.

So later on last evening, the three of us were lying on my bed as I was watching a movie. Ginger in her usual spot toward the bottom of my bed on a folded blankie, minding her own business, and Ferris, instigating, looking for attention as per his usual.

It started with Ferris up near me, getting lots and lots of scritches (who the heck needs a zoom groom when you can get handfuls of fur just by scritching!
)

After a while, he moved away from me and toward Ginger, laying near her and starting to groom himself. As always, this was just a ruse for him to get closer to her. After a few minutes, I caught him starting to slink over her to chomp down on her neck, because she was snoozing.

He just loves to dominate her in her sleep, LOL! But I foiled his attempt by putting my hand over her head and neck, so he couldn't reach her throat with his teeth. He seemed a tad confused by my actions, and went back to licking himself.

I relaxed back against my pillows, one eye on the movie and one eye on Ferris, and sure enough, he made his move toward her again. As he did so, I reached down, picked him up and lay him across my chest in my arms like a baby, giving him lots more really rough scritches, just the way he likes it.

And over the course of the next 10-15 minutes, he passed out in my arms, purring his heart out. Talk about redirection!
So I held him and scritched him while he catnapped, treasuring every moment with this big ole furbaby in my arms until he woke up again, and once more slithered down to where Ginger lay napping.

Again, he began the task of cleaning himself, but this time, in earnest, with no apparent ulterior "bite Ginger" motive. As he did so, his front paws began to touch Ginger's, and I leaned in close, expecting to redirect him once more, but to my surprise, found I didn't need to!

She woke up, saw what he was doing, and stayed right where she was for a change. I think because she knew I was two inches behind them, so she felt safe to stay there. It looked like they were holding paws!
He even licked one of her paws for a second, until she flinched. Aww!
I gave her lots of kisses on the top of her head for reassurance, and I think that helped.

Ferris washed himself some more, then curled up right next to her, really close, facing away from me and watching the TV set. From behind them, I got my very first glimpse of what it might look like if they cuddled up together.
I saw the backs of two little heads, ears up, facing in the same direction, a mere inch from touching cheeks.

I wish I'd been able to take a picture to share with you all - that one moment was months in the making. What an interesting night I had with my two!
I wish you had been able to take a picture too, I bet it was a beautiful sight.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I wish you had been able to take a picture too, I bet it was a beautiful sight.
how sweet -
but if you are anything like me, as soon as you move a muscle to get the camera - off they all go

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

how sweet -
but if you are anything like me, as soon as you move a muscle to get the camera - off they all go
Yup, that's totally how it works out. They might stay there for a moment, but as soon as they hear me make a noise picking up the camera, in they come running, "Whatcha got there, mum, can we see?"

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that is why I try to get pics when they are not watching me. I use a bit of deception, hehehe. Bet it was cute though.