stop a neighbors cat from peeing on our door

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do I stop a neighbors cat from peeing on our glass door? Stoli and Luxor can smell it and I don't want it to make them spray inside or want to bolt out the door.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends, are your neighbors are easy to deal with? Simple solution, tell them they're going to have to come over and wash your door if their cat keeps peeing on it.
or get their cat neutered.
Other wise you might have to get something that's motion sensing to spook it off.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of motion sensitive sprinklers -you could set the water as low as it will work -as long as the mailbox is at the street! or it's not the front door
- well, maybe the front door if you have a lot of unwanted human visitors, too- just kidding
. Our back door "visitors" and their "calling cards" have greatly reduced since we got another dog, even though the dog is in most of the day...
. That's always a tough one. Maybe you could just invest in an economy sized bottle of enzyme cleaner, and spray it regularly? Along with a citrus scented spray? Leave some cut lemons on the door step? Hmmm...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is a tough one.........we have had this problem and we have been trying to find out who the owners are to talk to them. Anyway it all turns out now that some other neighbour (not near us ) is having the same problem. They have put flyers up to see if anyone took ownership of this cat - the last note on the flyer said if the owners dont come forward in 1 month they are going to get the cat neutered !
I talked to our vet about it and she is going to do the job - so even though the owners havent arranged the operation the vet is still going to do it - she said she doesnt agree with a 'whole' tom causing more unwanted kittens - if the owners are so unresponsible then she has no problem with her taking the relevant action. Of course this is all in Spain and the laws regarding pets...........umm well there aint any !
So sorry a bit long winded and I dont suggest you do the same. If you cant come up with a satisfactory solution, then I think you need to speak with the owners.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Depends, are your neighbors are easy to deal with? Simple solution, tell them they're going to have to come over and wash your door if their cat keeps peeing on it.
or get their cat neutered.
Other wise you might have to get something that's motion sensing to spook it off.
it's a neighbor's cat - the cat doesn't not live in the condo complex so I don't know who's it is.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

I've heard of motion sensitive sprinklers -you could set the water as low as it will work -as long as the mailbox is at the street! or it's not the front door
- well, maybe the front door if you have a lot of unwanted human visitors, too- just kidding
. Our back door "visitors" and their "calling cards" have greatly reduced since we got another dog, even though the dog is in most of the day...
. That's always a tough one. Maybe you could just invest in an economy sized bottle of enzyme cleaner, and spray it regularly? Along with a citrus scented spray? Leave some cut lemons on the door step? Hmmm...
it's our front door - i have some enzyme cleaner - i can get the stuff with citrus too........

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll keep a watch out to see if i can get a pic - the cat doesn't have a collar but is friendly toward people so i KNOW that it has a home nearby. i seem him every once in a while.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could put a collar on him! That would serve two purposes:

1. You could attach a note explaining the problem and asking the owners to call...

2. The cat would be so annoyed that you "collared" him, he might never darken your doorstep again!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SWEET! i love it.