Baby names

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Number 1! I am not PREGNANT
....I am just wondering.....

For some reason, Trav and I got into the discussion of baby names. He brought up naming our son(if we have one) after his grandpa and my grandpa. Just curious....

If you don't have children or are pregnant, what names do you have picked out?

If you do have children what are their names and how did you pick them out?

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmm.....I'm also nowhere NEAR trying for a baby (another decade will likely elapse before I take on that adventure), but here are some names I've always liked:

Girl names:
Audrey (Elizabeth or Grace just cuz they're pretty or Rose after my G-ma would be middle names)
Eliza (Melody...which is his mom's first name)
Amy
Natalie
Ani

Boys
Aaron
Joshua (although, I have a cousin named Josh)
Adrian
I always loved the name Scott, but I dated a Scott for 2 years so maybe that would be weird?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I always loved the name Scott, but I dated a Scott for 2 years so maybe that would be weird?
I hate when that happens!

hmm I like the names
Celeste
Lynn
Madisol
Savannah
Abby
and
Michael
Abraham
Canaan
Carson

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you kidding me??? I have lists!
I'm almost definite if i have a boy, i would like my first boy (if i have more than one) to be named Nathan. Girls- i like Noelle and Ava the best. We'll see....if i'm able to have kids- these are the names i like.
I've banned my friends/family members from stealing them

First and middle names for girls

Noelle Hadley
Noella Hadley
Layla Renae
Hadley Noelle
Ava Renae
Layla Denise
Hadley Alisa
Ava Alisa
Ella Alisa
Ella Renae
Maggie Alisa
Noelle Alisa
Ava Evangelina
Ava Isadora
Hadley Renae
Maggie Elise
Noelle Isadora
Ella Isabella
Ella Maria
Avariella Marie
Avariella Renae
Avariella Nichole
Charlotte Renae
Kelsey Mackenna

First and middle names for boys

Colin Adair
Colin Elijah
Nathaniel James
Nathaniel Skylar
Nathaniel Colin
Travis Adair
Roman Adair
Kaden Adair
Kaden Gage
Elijah James

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness Courtney! I first read that as I AM pregnant!
Don't scare me like that

Girls:
Aubrey Lillian Maxine (Lillian is my Grandma's middle name, and Maxine is mine & my mom's)
Aundrea Maxine
Paige Lillian
Kadance Maxine
Lauren Maxine

Boys:
Khalin John
Kolben Bradley (Bradley is my Dads name)
Ashton John
Brody William

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a great idea for a thread!

These are some of the names I've always liked

GIRLS

Eva
Ella
Siobhan
Ciara
Lauryn

BOYS

Braydon
Tyler
Tristan

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
boys would be Adam Joseph or Nathan Joseph, Joseph is my father's first name and will be any boy I have's middle name
girls would be Liesel Mary or Virginia Mary, Mary is my grandma's first name and will be any daughter I have's middle name

but since I'm not planning on having any kids, maybe I'll name the kitties I get after my leukemia stint is over, my forever kitties I like to think of them as, my "kids" names

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For girls I love:
Ashley
Eden
Kiersten
Kiersa
Jordan

For boys:
Brandon
Christopher
ummm....can you tell I've given more thought to girls names than boys?

Of course our last name is Hare and when DH and I first started talking about kids names, the first one he came up with I don't think I can post here...the second name was "grey". My husband is warped!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I post this you will see why I shouldn't have children. When DH and I got married he said if we ever had kids I could name the girl and he would name the boy.

My girl name: Coeli Magdalen. Coeli is the Latin word for sky and is pronounced Chae-Lee.

His boy name: Pipkin Wolfgang. Now, why don't you just name the poor boy "throw the soccer ball at my head" or "take my lunch money please"?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Now, why don't you just name the poor boy "throw the soccer ball at my head" or "take my lunch money please"?
That make me laugh really hard!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

As I post this you will see why I shouldn't have children. When DH and I got married he said if we ever had kids I could name the girl and he would name the boy.

My girl name: Coeli Magdalen. Coeli is the Latin word for sky and is pronounced Chae-Lee.

His boy name: Pipkin Wolfgang. Now, why don't you just name the poor boy "throw the soccer ball at my head" or "take my lunch money please"?
Heather you had me laughing myself silly over that last comment

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Heather you had me laughing myself silly over that last comment
It's true though, and some of the best birth control I've ever had. Who wants a son named Pipkin Wolfgang?

The poor soul couldn't even go by his middle name if he wanted to!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's true though, and some of the best birth control I've ever had. Who wants a son named Pipkin Wolfgang?
Or Beavis???!!! That's what Colin said he'd name his son if he ever had one
Needless to say, if we ever have kids- I will be the one naming them

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's cool - Coeli - but I would never have pronounced it right!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Or Beavis???!!! That's what Colin said he'd name his son if he ever had one
Needless to say, if we ever have kids- I will be the one naming them
Girl, you need to wrestle the birth certificate out of his hand! I'd even say you could bite him if you were so inclined!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Girl, you need to wrestle the birth certificate out of his hand! I'd even say you could bite him if you were so inclined!
I've already told him that he has no say after he made that comment
I told him that if i'm carrying a child for 9 months (if i'm able to at this point) then that child is going to have a good name- NOT be named after beavis and butthead!
I'd definitely bite him over that
I'm actually suprised Colin doesn't have a Vietnamese name- his mom is from Vietnam- but she gave him and his brother mason cute names. I like their names
So i plan to give our kid a "normal" name around here and maybe let his mom give the baby a little vietnamese nick name or something like that, she's soo sweet
. Who knows! Colin is DEFINITELY not allowed to name it beavis though or anything else that is 1/2 as rediculious!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want kids, but I have names picked out

Girl would be Abby..not Abigail, just Abby

Boy would be Aaron

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Girl would be Abby..not Abigail, just Abby

Boy would be Aaron
I am sure that Karen will find that kinda disturbing!

Matt and I have had this conversation, we are not having any kids until he promises not to choose terrible names and gives up on the 'i want to name them after people in my family' thing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is a SCARY name and I probably wouldn't have kids either

Trav never met his dad's dad and found out what his name was and it was John Wilmer but everyone called him Jack. My fraternal grandpa was David William as is my dad and my maternal grandpa was William Bently. SO we decided our son will be Jack William Elliott. I have to get used to it but I think it's cute and very normal. I told him what about Wilmer Bentley Elliott! He didn't think that was funny

For a girl's name I like Erin Lorraine Elliott. My fraternal grandma's middle name is Lorraine and I think it's cute!

But I do have to get used to the idea first

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had names picked out for years and we don't plan on having any kids for a few more years. A boy will be Nikolas Anglo (Angelo is my Grandfather's name). For girls I have two names basically: Naomi Janaya or Naomi Catherine and Janaya ______. I love the name Naomi Catherine, but I absolutely love the names Naomi and Janaya. I may stick with Naomi Catherine in case we have 2 girls. I'm not sure yet.