Are you going to stay up and watch the lunar eclipse?

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bummer, I'm in the west so it'll be "partially visible". Oh well, I'll try looking for it anyways.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I have calculated the time thingy right, it should occur at around 5PM on Saturday here in Virginia ... unless something totally unforeseen happens, I should be up and awake, probably fixing dinner at that time. I would love to see it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's supposed to start a bit after 9 p.m. here, and be visible till roughly 3 a.m. Sunday. I can't wait to see how "lunatic" Jamie reacts. I bet he'll either be literally bouncing off the walls, or in a stupor.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be watching for it tomm afternoon/evening.Thanks for the info and heads up.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't aware of it. Not sure if it will be visible here, but it would be thrilling to see!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to see it but my luck i will be sleeping when it happens tomarrow
I am at my brothers babysitting right now and well my nephews were already sleeping when i got her and my niece just went to bed
I have already got a heaache, I thought about going to sleep now but I will just be woken up when 20 people come here tonite
they went out to celebrate my brothers new job
and well hes sick so idk :dk why they went out
and i had my sleeping schedule all figured out to and now its going to get way messed up...I hope I am home for the eclipse tho and maybe ill set my alarm clock
I love that kind of stuff !!! I hope the weather doesnt get bad...they called for rain today which we never got and snow tomarrow so hopefully they are wrong about that too all we had was heavy winds

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

If I have calculated the time thingy right, it should occur at around 5PM on Saturday here in Virginia ... unless something totally unforeseen happens, I should be up and awake, probably fixing dinner at that time. I would love to see it!
Is 5PM when it starts on the east coast or when the eclipse is at it's peak?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, you really have to be in Camaroon, Central Africa to really see it well according to our weatherman tonight. It's so cloudy/gross outside here that i'm not going to even bother- the weather guy said we likely wouldn't be able to see it here anyways. If i knew it was going to be a clear night though i would watch it.
I took 3 astronomy classes in college- i LOVE things of that nature

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if it would only be partially or fully viewable to me seeing that I'm smack in the middle of the country, LOL

However, I'm not going to watch it. I've seen lunar eclipses before so there really isn't anything new to see. Besides, I think it's cloudy outside.