What's for dinner tonight???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking making homemade country fried steak (my own recipe- less fat and grease), biscuits, and a spinach salad to go with it. What are you fixing? I might just be lazy and heat up some ravaoli and pasta sauce. What are you fixing for dinner?

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to work till midnight so I wil be having a frozen burrito. As for what my DH eats its up to him. Sometimes he just waits till I get home. I think he is pretty lost without me and it is just easyer to wait for me.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We will be having beef stir fried in teriyaki sauce with steamed vegetables on steamed rice. (I love my steamer!!!
)

Nikki - do you make biscuits from scratch? My hubby really misses his biscuits, hes a southern boy
If I can get a recipe for that and for that white gravy, he will be happy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I'm catholic...no meat. I hate fish, so I dunno what I'm gonna eat. Prolly some toast.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Since I'm catholic...no meat. I hate fish, so I dunno what I'm gonna eat. Prolly some toast.
CRAP. I forgot about Lent
Looks like I'm having fish!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

CRAP. I forgot about Lent
Looks like I'm having fish!
I hate lent sometimes. Fish makes me sick, so I am basically confined to eating toast. Or else just some noodles.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not fixing dinner because it isn't broken.
Joking about that, but I'll probably make two mini pizzas (pita bread, herbs and spices, mozza cheese, Italian dressing).

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered pizza and cheesy bread with ranch and garlic sauce to dip them in
But we have to wait 45 minutes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

We will be having beef stir fried in teriyaki sauce with steamed vegetables on steamed rice. (I love my steamer!!!
)

Nikki - do you make biscuits from scratch? My hubby really misses his biscuits, hes a southern boy
If I can get a recipe for that and for that white gravy, he will be happy.
This recipe is really similar to mine for the biscuits- only i also add 2 teaspoons of sugar to mine and i also just a tiny pinch of garlic too (sounds weird but they taste AMAZING!
).

(also- if you or your hubby are lactose intolerant- you can substitute regular/buttermilk for Lactaid milk
Tastes just as good! I've yet to find a lactose free buttermilk though- so i usually just use regular buttermilk and suffer

As far as gravy goes- i personally do not like it- but when i cook for others- this is the recipe that i use. I have it saved on my pc

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1726,...243207,00.html (i also add a little pinch of sugar and garlic to it as well (not tooo much- just a pinch
)

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

This recipe is really similar to mine for the biscuits- only i also add 2 teaspoons of sugar to mine and i also just a tiny pinch of garlic too (sounds weird but they taste AMAZING!
).

(also- if you or your hubby are lactose intolerant- you can substitute regular/buttermilk for Lactaid milk
Tastes just as good! I've yet to find a lactose free buttermilk though- so i usually just use regular buttermilk and suffer

As far as gravy goes- i personally do not like it- but when i cook for others- this is the recipe that i use. I have it saved on my pc

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1726,...243207,00.html (i also add a little pinch of sugar and garlic to it as well (not tooo much- just a pinch
)
Thank you Nikk - I am lactose intolerant but hubby is not and I wouldn't eating biscuits, I don't like them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Thank you Nikk - I am lactose intolerant but hubby is not and I wouldn't eating biscuits, I don't like them
No problem
(I use the Lactaid Fat Free in the purple carton for my milk -i use it in just about everything i cook with and it tastes just the same as milk so you can't taste a difference- the food turns out great and doesn't kill my stomach!
)If you're not going to be eating them though and are just making them for your hubby- use buttermilk- it is SOOOOOOOO good when put into homemade biscuits/pancakes/cornbread
lol yup, i'm a southern belle!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken fried chicken (with the grease baked off), mashed taters and country gravy.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're always welcome to show up at dinner time

I always make way, way too much.
Not entirely unhealthy, I always use boneless, skinless breast meat.

Seriously, better to come during my soup phase, I use my 7qt crockpot seriously enough for an army.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

You're always welcome to show up at dinner time

I always make way, way too much.
Not entirely unhealthy, I always use boneless, skinless breast meat.

Seriously, better to come during my soup phase, I use my 7qt crockpot seriously enough for an army.
I'm on my way to Utah!