Radio question of the day: 03/02/07

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only things I've found that I'm allergic to are Red Wasps and Codine. Red Wasps I've been allergic to my whole life. I developed an allergy to Codine about 6 years ago.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nothing.
I used to be allergic to dogs and cats, but that has gotten better.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats
and dust mites, and I highly suspect I am allergic to ragweed or pollen or whatever it is that causes hayfever... Achoo!!!!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never used to be allergic to anything, but I'm now allergic to any and all stimulants, including caffeine. I can't have caffinated sodas or teas, anything like that. No medicines with epinephrine or similar drugs in them, no medications with any kind of stimulant in them. No novacaine with epinephrine (it's a little known fact that the dentists adds epinephrine to novacaine, it makes it work better and longer) which means they have to use different numbing agents on me when I go to the dentist.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ragweed however that has improved vastly over the years (w/o me doing anything). Actually its the giant ragweed plant. And penicillin-with a rash unlike my mom who had to be hospitalized shortly after taking a dose.
I swell up quite a bit from wasp bites-hopefully I will pay more attention to the location of the nests this gardening season.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, gee, where to start? I'm allergic to a bunch of the normal stuff...ragweed, tree pollen, mold, bee stings, etc. I'm also allergic to some really weird stuff...avocados, corn silk (not corn...just the silky stuff inside the corn husk), Bounce fabric sheets, neoprene (the stuff scuba gear is made out of), Sofitel hotels (seriously...every time I stay there I break out in hives).

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SMOKE- i will have aweful aweful astmah attacks if i'm by anyone who's been smoking or has the scent on their clothes./ I am super allergic to flea/mesquito bites- i break out everywhere and have to go to the doctor and get shots- if i get bit by fleas/mesquitos- i immedately put hydraquarterzone on the spot and take benadryl- sometimes that keeps me from breaking out too bad. I'm also really allergic to fire ants and brown recluses spiders- Geesh! And people wonder why i hate insects
Dust, some types of pollen,Codine, Penicilline, Agumitten, Yeast-certain types,Grufilcan, Cephlosporins, yellow gold, some types of silver,Wasp stings, some types of Silicone, Dairy (depends on what it is- i'm lactose intolerant) and on Wednesday i have an appointment to be tested for food allergies (they think i'm allergic to certain types of foods that are maiking my GI issues worse). I'm also allergic to grass- if i sit on grass outside wearing shorts- i'll get huge red rashes all over my body. I'm sure there's more i'm forgetting- i have bad allergies- but thankfully i am NOT allergic to animals or flowers/trees and things like that
just grass. Timothy Hay makes me really sick too- i can't give it to my rabbit Sophie- my mom has to because i start sneezing, coughing, and get it makes my eyes water. I'm also really allergic to "Mr. Bubbles" bubblebath- my mom put that in my bath once when i was little- never again!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I have any real allergies. Although I once had a bad case of hives. A really bad case as in big red puffs and a trip to the emergency room.

Two hours and four shots later they never were able to pin point a cause.

But I do have sensitivities to fragrances in soaps, laundry products and just about any personal care product.

I always get the "free" stuff. Which is also good because I am very picky about smells.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted nothing before but I need to change my answer!

I am allergic to the nickel that is found in buttons in jeans- I have really sensitive skin and it makes me break out. I also break out from certain lotions- their fragrances, and cheap jewelery. Also, I need to use a special laundry detergant, or I'll break out terribly. I have eczema- so its not really fun.