Snow Day!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every teacher's (and student's) dream come true!

It started as a two-hour delay, and then quickly turned to an official closing. Yay!!! 3-day weekend ahead of me!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish!

We were told to come in today despite the bad weather last night making the roads awful and half the trains not running, it was a horrible 2.5 hours journey in that usually takes me an hour

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many schools were closed last Friday. Many closed early yesterday and many are still closed today or 2 hr delay-these are mainly the schools in smaller communities however.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love snow days until it came to making them up
but I was happy with 2 hours delays because we never did work and i didnt have to go because i went to another school from mine and if there was a 2 hour delay they couldnt transport us and then they started too soon as u got there but i still never went for 2 hour delays

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Every teacher's (and student's) dream come true!

It started as a two-hour delay, and then quickly turned to an official closing. Yay!!! 3-day weekend ahead of me!
We only had a 2 hour delay. That big storm that was coming our way - all freakin rain. What a mess. Snowed about 1" last night, then covered with rain all day. It's slushy, wet, cold and my basement is full of water.

That makes the 3rd delay my kids have had this week. Short school days for them, but no short week.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our highways around here are sheets of ice...there's been a few accidents one with two fatalities and two other accidents where people were rushed to hospital...one involved a Greygoose bus hitting a Semi....Yikes...on the front page of the Winnipeg Free Press website. 9 People injured....pray for the bus driver who is in critical condition.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its like that here too, my brothers' school was closed yesterday and today... so they have a 4 day weekend!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow day here also not just schools most business's state and town buildings are closed for the day.
We have about a foot now and its sleeting like crazy.