My mother is on every last nerve I have!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So this morning I called her to see if she has trouble getting into work as we work across the street from eachother so I would no what ot expect. She asked if Lee went to work today. I told her no he is still feeling pretty crappy. She then goes on to remark about how she has never known anyone to be sick for a week straight. Well excse the :censored: out of me. He stands all day unlike her or her people who sit at desks and that is less physically demanding that standing making sales al day. #2 most normal people can fight off an infection better cause they atleast have the ability to store antibodies and Lee doesn't have that.

Then she calls me and tells me she just got a message on her phone from my loan agency saying I owe them money. Its due the 29 I forgot to pay the 28th as Feb only has 28 days. I wasn't stopping yesterday in the torrential downpour and impending tornado weather to pay a stupid bill that can wait. Then she demands to know why they have her number! SHE KNEW I WAS USING HER AS A FAMILY REFRENCE. They made me give like 6 people!

Then she asks what is wrong with me! Hello! You have been on my case since 6 am!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh heck, family members can be so painful. They say we take it out on the ones we love the most.........
how does that work then eh ???

deep breathes ...........

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, but...as the mother of a 22 year old young woman, I find your posts complaining about your mom to actually be quite amusing. It's obvious that she loves you and wants the best for you. How rotten of her, LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm sorry, but...as the mother of a 22 year old young woman, I find your posts complaining about your mom to actually be quite amusing. It's obvious that she loves you and wants the best for you. How rotten of her, LOL!
I know but she is so annoying sometimes. And I love her to death, we are very close, but GEEZ!! I need to breathe sometimes! And why give me a hard time about little things that can be taken care of easily?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I know but she is so annoying sometimes. And I love her to death, we are very close, but GEEZ!! I need to breathe sometimes! And why give me a hard time about little things that can be taken care of easily?
Because you are her BABY and she seems to have difficulty letting go of the apron strings. And that may be the way her mother was with her when she was growing up and out on her own. Have you ever asked her that?

My mom has never been the "call me every day" type (thank goodness) and as a result, neither am I. I love my daughter to pieces, but it is time that she learns how to live her own life, make her own mistakes and learn from them. She knows I'm here if she needs me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are ok now. She apologized for being so ugly over nothing!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my most favorite sayings in the world is:

"If its not one thing, then it's my mother". *grin*

Gotta love the dear hearts no matter how frustrating they can be to us at times.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she related to my mother????
She's always "when are you going to get engaged" (gee mom, i'll know when colin ask the question!
), "when are you going to have kids" (that really ticks me off because she knows i just found out i have pcos and might not even be able to have any- really hurts me") , Why do you want your own business, it's just going to fail...things like that - she's soooo depressing to be around! Drives me up a wall! But i just try to ignore it and spend time with her anyways- her comments are her way of trying to get my attention and in her own rediculious way , also trying to get me to spend time with her- so i ignore her rude comments and just try to hang out with her more/etc. When she crosses the line, i tell her "thankyou for your opinion, but i'd rather not address that topic" or something polite but to the point like that so it's not rude but gets her to stop. I'm the baby out of my sisters, so it's even worse for her to get over the fact that i'm moving out and trying to have a life for myself. She's gone so far as to ridicule me for having a savings account!
I told her that the purpose of me being a wise steward of my money is so that i can provide for myself and won't have to be dependant on her for the rest of my life (i think that's exactly what she doesn't want
) i also pointed out that she needs someone to look after her when she gets older and it sure would be nice if i had the money to do that
that got my point across and she stopped getting on my case for saving. Geesh- you would think a parent would be glad their kid was wise with money and didn't run up credit card bills and things of that nature- my mom's almost the opposite. But whatever, i love her, annoying comments and all. She's my mom and i sure would be sad if she wasn't around
Sometimes you just have to breath, have a beer, and put on a smile and keep things to the point and polite.
Also- i REALLY helps if you call once in a while and ask for a favorite recipe your mom makes or the best way to clean a stain out of something (something small like that) - things like that let her know that she is still needed in your life and important, but that you can also handle things- asking for her suggestions lets her know that you're listening and that you're an adult- but also makes her feel needed...that's a big thing with a lot of moms
If she crosses a line though- you do need to tell her- but don't blow up at her and get angry- that would put you in the position in her eyes of the "child" with a temper tantrum- and give her further reason to view you as a baby even though you're not. It's best to try and not let your mom get the best of you and keep your calm about you when she upsets you. That's what i've really tried to do lately with my mom, and it seems to really help
Good luck hon! I'm sure when it comes down to it she just misses you and doesn't know a positive way to express that.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, yeah moms are annoying sometimes. They do honestly mean things out of love though. (Most of them, not sure about my mom though
)

Sorry your mom is annoying Brandi.