Do you clean your cats nose/eyes?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering because I am so guilty of this!!
I cant stand to see burgers or eye gunk in their eyes,
Its just yucky!

I know I cant be the only one to do this!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normally no, I do pick Ivory's nose, but she has chronic sinus issues that make it crust up pretty badly.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baylee gets eye crusties and I will wipe them... cuz nobody likes an eye crusty!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Twitch & Ophelia always get cleaned daily cuz I hate yellowed fur by their eyes. Dory's having a herpes flare up, so his eye gets cleaned. Molly's herpes just keeps getting worse, so she gets cleaned 2x a day. Damita is perfectly clean as always & Twitch cleans Lily for me.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Just wondering because I am so guilty of this!!
I cant stand to see burgers or eye gunk in their eyes,
Its just yucky!

I know I cant be the only one to do this!!
Indeed you are not! It is practically a requirement if you have a Persian cat because of their large, round eyes. I clean the gunk out of Persi's eyes every morning when I am combing him. I know he does not have to look at himself in the mirror (but he does) but I have to look at him!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guilty.

I do this will all my boys. I hate seeying the gunk in their eyes. I just pick it out. But I call it eye boogers.

Nacho and Orion will sometimes get some black crud in their noses, but I just pick that out too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Guilty.

I do this will all my boys. I hate seeying the gunk in their eyes. I just pick it out. But I call it eye boogers.

Nacho and Orion will sometimes get some black crud in their noses, but I just pick that out too.
OOH yes, that nasty black stuff
I know I get laughed at by ppl for picking at them, but sorry, its just nasty....

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Among mine, it's mostly Claire that gets eye crusties. Gotta admit it really bugs me and I clean her eyes right away when I see them because with her being solid white they're very noticable and I like my precious angel to look purrfect!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always picking out Squee's eye crusties!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
They get burgers in their nose?

I do clean them if they are gunky and after Jasmine got a teeny injury to her lid last year her tear duct has been weeping more, she looks sad if i dont clean it up

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I always clean Misty's eyes, I use a moist tissue and wipe them. She usually cleans them herself when she grooms but sometimes she just needs extra help. I have never needed to clean her nosy but I would if it was needed.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, when Sash had chronic sinusitis for several years I would always wipe his nose with a warm washcloth to keep it clean.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every single day- keeping them clean and gunk free is part of being a responsible owner. It also prevents health problems from developing

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I call them "eye crispies". And no I don't clean them, because they're always grooming each other so there's never anything for me to clean.

When I first got Pekoe he had some "nose crispies". I wanted to clean them so badly but he just wouldn't let me. At least now I'm allowed to brush off the odd stray piece of litter that gets stuck there...

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep every morning we have a little ritual. Right after I come out of the shower, Shami will hop up onto the sink counter, meow at me, put a paw on my arm and close his eyes. I then gently wipe off his eye crusts and he happily zips off.