They closed the interstate!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is ice on the road/ground, then about 1-2" of snow. It's getting ugly, so they closed the Interstate right by me. You can't tell where the gravel road is & where the ditch is. There's people in the ditch on our gravel road(neighbors). If it gets any worse, they might close the highway near us. We lost power at 6:15 last night & got it back at 12:20 this morning. The entire time the dogs spent cowering in a chair or in a corner.

Yet....where's my snow!?!?!
It's working on falling, but its coming mighty snow.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You've gotten hit with the weather that is en route to Ontario Canada. We're suppose to get it pretty bad also. Looks like tomorrow might be a snow day... especially since my boss is away. (Is it terrible to already be thinking about not going to work tomorrow?)

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's rainy and alomst 50* here
what weird weather we're having this year. Stay safe!!!

jaws808

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just got dumped on with about 20 inches of snow over night and its still coming down. I just came back from driving through big snowdrifts for fun in my Jeep

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

You've gotten hit with the weather that is en route to Ontario Canada. We're suppose to get it pretty bad also. Looks like tomorrow might be a snow day... especially since my boss is away. (Is it terrible to already be thinking about not going to work tomorrow?)
How lucky are you! We aren't allowed snow days - my boss expects us to be here rain, snow, sleet, hail or shine. And, leaving early? - forget it. If he doesn't leave early why should we. I live the farthest from work but I'm always the only one here on time (actually early). The other 3 people in the office - including the boss - are 15 to 20 minutes late every day. I asked if I could leave at 4:55 instead of 5:00 pm every day because that 5 minutes gets me home 15-20 minutes earlier and the boss said no. If he did it for me he'd have to do it for the other 2 people in the office (the same 2 that are late every single day). Can you tell I'm ticked?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

How lucky are you! We aren't allowed snow days - my boss expects us to be here rain, snow, sleet, hail or shine. And, leaving early? - forget it. If he doesn't leave early why should we. I live the farthest from work but I'm always the only one here on time (actually early). The other 3 people in the office - including the boss - are 15 to 20 minutes late every day. I asked if I could leave at 4:55 instead of 5:00 pm every day because that 5 minutes gets me home 15-20 minutes earlier and the boss said no. If he did it for me he'd have to do it for the other 2 people in the office (the same 2 that are late every single day). Can you tell I'm ticked?
You have a right to be! Argh! Bosses are sto stupid sometimes.....

Working on pics of the snow...it's falling really hard now!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are the pics!!

Last weekend's storm:

Just now:

(The truck without its lights on has been outside all night. The doors are basically frozen shut.
)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe they closed the Interstate- yikes. Good thing I made it back home yesterday

Its started to rain and sleet here now... barf!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We got a storm back in December that left us with 50 centimetres of snow, and all the ladies made it in to the office that day..and they weren't even late! We are expected to come in no matter what.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got word that our home office in Des Moines closed at 1pm today due to bad weather - that is pretty unusual!. Up here in southern NH we are expecting a real mess of snow overnight, then rain and sleet tomorrow - of course we will not close for the day!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Miracle of Miracles - the boss says we are closing at 4 instead of 5 today. The storm outside is so bad that I can't see that hour will make much of a difference. Looks like a several hour ride home. Sigh!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raining here.. ontop of the snow.

You can see the cars are already covered in a nice blanket of ice. Greaaaat.

Where's spring?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Miracle of Miracles - the boss says we are closing at 4 instead of 5 today. The storm outside is so bad that I can't see that hour will make much of a difference. Looks like a several hour ride home. Sigh!
I hope you make it home OK!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are the pics of our deck:
11am

2pm(about 5-6 feet high now?)

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
man i wonder if they will close my store tommrow..or not. i am supposed to be working..

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You should see it now!
I have to go get another pic to post....the swing is just.....gone!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We are getting tons of snow too. We had a short break early this afternoon and it's has started back up again.
This was taken this morning...look at the huge drift behind Ebony...