Prayers for the Southeastern US today please

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The National Weather service has put parts of Mississippi and Georgia, and almost all of Alabama under a severe risk of dangerous weather (tornados, hail, winds, etc.) today. I can't ever remember this happening before on such a large scale(and I am a weather nut
)! There are many schools and daycares here that are closing early. I'm going to have all our stuff ready to go to the basement just in case.
Please pray that it will be a dud and no one will get hurt.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sort of weather always makes me nervous... and I live in tornado alley, must be crazy.

I hope your storms fizzle out into just some minor wind and a good rain. Don't drive in it if the winds pick up, too many people make that mistake not realizing that straight-line winds are very dangerous.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Many prayers to everyone in the Southern part of US!! I love spring, but thats one thing I hate about it-the firggin weather!!

Tornadoes simply skeer the heck outta me!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending many prayers for those in the impacted area. Please stay safe!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks ya'll. I ma in part of the area that is under the severe risk and guess what. My boss won't let me have my mini tv on on my desk so I can see the alerts that come out. She doesn't want someone to come in and see me watching TV. Yeah ok, so when we get hit by a tornado like we did not too long ago, I can tell her she should have let me keep it on!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a little late for today, but if she won't let you have the tv, then ask if you (or preferably, the company) will get a programmable weather radio (you can set it to just go off for your county, and just for the warnings you want to hear
). With this scary weather going on, I don't think anyone will be offended that you are watching the weather broadcasts!
They'll probably ask you what's going on with the weather at the moment!
Call a friend or relative and ask them to call you and let you know if you get a warning- at least that way you'll have a heads up
(and keep your head down- LOL!)

We had our first tornado warning in Alabama a few minutes ago- yea.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Stay Safe Vibes coming to all the Southeasterners from MI.
The weather this year has been crazy!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts are with you guys...stay safe!

Talk about coming in like a lion, eh? We have thunderstorms today, then snow tomorrow
I mean, I LOVE snow, but not when it's falling at 35 degrees and mixed in with a couple inches of rain in the ground.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

The National Weather service has put parts of Mississippi and Georgia, and almost all of Alabama under a severe risk of dangerous weather (tornados, hail, winds, etc.) today. I can't ever remember this happening before on such a large scale(and I am a weather nut
)! There are many schools and daycares here that are closing early. I'm going to have all our stuff ready to go to the basement just in case.
Please pray that it will be a dud and no one will get hurt.
Not our day care, some schools in Petal and Hattiesburg (about 30-45 miles away are closing), but the schools in Columbia are staying open.

And I gotta go back there too.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Great map, Neet!

I see me on there and YIKES!
It's a good thing that I am directionally challenged, cause I don't know where to look for me. I would be scared if I could find me on that map.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Belinda you be careful!

Neet, how do you to that map? I went on that web site and couldnt find it anywhere.