Could someone shed light on my cat please??

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh he's cute! Love his markings. In our neighbourhood we have a very small indoor/outdoor cat that likes to hang out on garden walls, very similar looking in terms of colour and white markings

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He just looks like your basic domestic shorthaired tabby to me! very hansome though!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really sure on the wirehair part - but the cat is a brown mackeral tabby and white. It would depend on the texture of the fur. That's not addressed in the posters question.

I would not say wirehair just by the picture. Remember wirehairs are basically american shorthair in type but with the wire/crinkled coats.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I have an 8 month old American Wirehair. They have very distinctive faces/heads---my dh and I call ours a "pie face." The face of the kitty in the photo does not look like the AW's I know. Does your kitty have wiry or woolly feeling hair?

American Wirehairs are VERY expensive. My neighbor is a breeder and recently sold my kitten's littermate for $2200. My kitten is a "better" kitten, but alas was born smooth, so not useful in the show ring. I got her for free (it pays to be a catsitter!)

Cally

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner

Hi,

I have an 8 month old American Wirehair. They have very distinctive faces/heads---my dh and I call ours a "pie face." The face of the kitty in the photo does not look like the AW's I know. Does your kitty have wiry or woolly feeling hair?

American Wirehairs are VERY expensive. My neighbor is a breeder and recently sold my kitten's littermate for $2200. My kitten is a "better" kitten, but alas was born smooth, so not useful in the show ring. I got her for free (it pays to be a catsitter!)

Cally
It does pay to be a cat sitter! Do you have pictures of "pie face"?

I agree, the OP's kitty is a very pretty DSH!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

afraser1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks for all the replys folks much appreciated just wanted to know what breed she was not that it matters to me all that much as i still love her.

thanks
angela

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd LOVE to post some photos, but I'm having some problems as my mouse "right click" feature stopped working and really not sure how to do it as well. Will keep working on it, tho!

Cally