Am I a mean meowmy?

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught Summer urinating outside the box twice since Monday, so off to the vet we went. As soon as we got there, she started hissing at these cute orange kittens there that were named after the Weasley twins from Harry Potter! How cute! I called to see if they got the sample, and they said she's been hissing and growling at everyone and everything. She's never done this! Do you think its because I took her too soon after catching her pee? Does she think it's punishment? Am I a mean meowmy?

I didn't mean to. I just became really worried since I caught her a few days ago too.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she's urinating outside the box and acting aggressive, it's very likely that something is wrong, so you're a proactive kitty mum!!

Sorry she's not well, but you definitely did the right thing. Keep us updated!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

If she's urinating outside the box and acting aggressive, it's very likely that something is wrong, so you're a proactive kitty mum!!

Yes, I agree! I hope the vet discovers what's wrong!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
not mean at all! you're trying to help your girl. sometimes they don't know what's good for them! i hope she gets better.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I totally agree! You did the absolute right thing!

Hope it is a medical problem - and one that is easily and quickly treatable!

Laurie

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She could be in a lot of pain. My Petunia never growled at me until she was passing kidney stones.

So you are far, far, far from being a mean meowmy. You took your baby in to get better. Sending "get well" vibes to your little one.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Definitely!!!

Please keep us posted.

Here's hoping everything will be ok!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just worried because she's gone in for UTIs before and never acted this way before. She's already on Cosequin for it and she was on c/d, but Chevy got loose stools from it. I'm not jumping to conclusions but I think it may be partly to do with Chevy's stalking behavior...even though he wasn't near her while I caught her, but does when she uses the litter box.

Scott, Chevy, and I already miss her! Chevy keeps looking for her. It's just not the same!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are a great meowmy! You were concerned so you took her to someone who could determine if she is ok! If you were a bad meowmy you would not have even acknowledged that there was a problem. I hope she feels better soon!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your a wonderful meowmy ... You may need to have a chatwith your vet about what food may be right for the little ones

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know....Scott is teasing saying that at least she won't hate him since he was at work. He also told Chevy to watch out or he'll be next!

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with everyone else.. you are a great mummy and you are doing the best for her. It's tough that we can't explain to our babies why we have to do some of the tougher 'parent' stuff... I'm sure she will appreciate it tho when she's feeling more herself. Lots of hugs to you both.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, what everyone said. Things like that don't make us bad parents...As long as we are feeding them, loving them, and caring for them..we are good parents

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, but now I feel worse because we just got hit with another snowstorm, so I may not be able to get her until later today! Poor Summer!