What a day

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked a 12 1/2 last night, the last night of 3 in a row, so when I got home this morning, I fed everyone, did a little brushing and snuggling, then went to bed.

A little after noon, I was in a half awake state and heard the voice on the radio say "70 degrees". Doiiig, I was completely awake. Did he mean today?? No WAY I was going to sleep away a 70 degree day in February.

I walked out to the shed, opened the doors.....and let the Yamahog see the light of day for the first time since November....It was dusty, and I only had enough gasoline to fill the reserve. No problem, I warmed the old scooter up and rode it the 3 miles to the quick stop. Instead of packing up the big camera, I just dropped my little Sony "point n' shoot' into my pocket and took off.

Feeding the beast..

Speaking of which, shooting "one handed" photos at 70 mph is what point n' shoot is all about

This is the closest thing to a city near my home, the "booming metropolis" of Brownsville, Kentucky

The old Brownsville Hotel..they have this ambitious plan to restore it, but it isn't coming along very quickly it seems...

We have a Jail too, but we closed it due to lack of interest... :zzz:

The old Maritime Sailor's Cathedral, a Baptish Church now. It was built for the worst of sinners, the river sailors of the Green River slackwater.

Yes....there really is such a place

In fact, before going home, I went to Pig, KY....to the Porky Pig Diner, for their "pulled pork special". Then rode home, fat, happy and tired. It was a good day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

I see the Sheriff is getting his fair share of pig
Sorry bad joke
Actually
That is a testament to how good the food is at the Porky Pig. That patrol car is from Warren county KY....40 miles away

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one thing I love about your state is that it turns a lovely shade of purple in a few weeks. There are these wonderful flowers that grow every where, but I can't remember their name. Can you help me out?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol summer is always hard to sleep
, i would got to bed 9 wake up and 1 and think its warm, is sunny get on the bike and go go go .

Man i know where Brownsville is been there before, or i should say passed though it.
however i dont know Porky Pig Diner is

if my back was not a glued and nailed back togehter i would say, i would jump on my bike and come down and join you for a ride

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great day! Don't you love those surprise warm days in the middle of winter?

I wish we could get one of those.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a great trip, one of the things I like best about this place is seeing where people live, it's a cheap holiday

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I worked a 12 1/2 last night, the last night of 3 in a row, so when I got home this morning, I fed everyone, did a little brushing and snuggling, then went to bed.

A little after noon, I was in a half awake state and heard the voice on the radio say "70 degrees". Doiiig, I was completely awake. Did he mean today?? No WAY I was going to sleep away a 70 degree day in February.

I walked out to the shed, opened the doors.....and let the Yamahog see the light of day for the first time since November....It was dusty, and I only had enough gasoline to fill the reserve. No problem, I warmed the old scooter up and rode it the 3 miles to the quick stop. Instead of packing up the big camera, I just dropped my little Sony "point n' shoot' into my pocket and took off.

Speaking of which, shooting "one handed" photos at 70 mph is what point n' shoot is all about

Do you have ANY idea how jealous this makes me???

Only another 4 weeks to go before I can take mine out of storage...that is, if the weather up here cooperates!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that looks like a great day! nice bike too! I really need to find someone who has a motorcycle
Bruce promised me a ride but seeing as his back is glued back together

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so jealous - not of the motorcycle - I would only go up and down my street (which has a 15 mph speed limit
) - I am a scaredy

But you sure had a great ride and I love the little town and the historic buildings! Good job with the photographs

PS I have toured Mammoth Caves!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg Mike posting in the lounge?!?!?!
that is an occasion!
It looks like you had a great ride! I am so happy to see a bit of spring time, it makes me all

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

that looks like a great day! nice bike too! I really need to find someone who has a motorcycle
Bruce promised me a ride but seeing as his back is glued back together
yea, as the saying goes, its not looking good for the home team.
When the flight got to hong kong, they had to get a wheel chair, to help me off the plane. Looks like my motorcycle riding days may be over.

anyone want to buy a bike? i dont know if i should just give up or not