Icey X Dante' mating update

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Icey was bred to Dante' Jan 15th/16th. She is pregnant and doing very well. We are expecting little mitted raggie babies about March 21/22nd. She is really getting big now, and I felt atleast 4 kittens mabey more.
Ice is blue and Dante' is seal so I am hoping to have both, but last litter she had three seal mitted and one chocolate mitted, so mabey we will get our blue this time? I will post pics as soon as they are born and have more updates as they grow, but for now there isn't much to report
But, once she has them I will make sure to keep every one with plenty of pics as they develop their color, ect. For now, that is about all, she is getting big and strating to really groom herself. So about 20-25 days from now we should be having them

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I complained on a thread earlier today that I had no business looking at all of the beautiful breeds and kittens. And thank goodness none of the breeders were here in New England
Then, here I am back visiting the "No-no" forum - and I see your post - and you live in MAINE
this is not good! You are too close to me and I can't be tempted! Please tell us that all kittens are all ready reserved!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What color is Dante's parents and grandparents? If any of them (at least 2) are blue, then its a good chance of him carrying the dilute gene. But if its mainly seal for the past 2-3 generations - he probably is not carrying the dilute and you won't get a blue.

Hehehe to Inband
BTW I know there are close by ocicat breeders in your area

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also know Aby breeders in your area too!!!

Congratulations on a successful breeding! No more for me until August I think!!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

What color is Dante's parents and grandparents? If any of them (at least 2) are blue, then its a good chance of him carrying the dilute gene. But if its mainly seal for the past 2-3 generations - he probably is not carrying the dilute and you won't get a blue.

Hehehe to Inband
Ohhhh, you ladies are very, very bad

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I also know Aby breeders in your area too!!!

Congratulations on a successful breeding! No more for me until August I think!!!
Shame on both of you....and by the way, I am still taking pictures to finish up the film from the cat show in Dover -at the rate I am going Hollywood will be retired before you see him

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

OMG! I complained on a thread earlier today that I had no business looking at all of the beautiful breeds and kittens.
That's how I got cat number 8, it's all GoldenKitty's fault for showing off her Charlie. Now I'm waiting for my boy to come home

Celestial, I hope the pregnancy goes well and you get some blues.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Shame on both of you....and by the way, I am still taking pictures to finish up the film from the cat show in Dover -at the rate I am going Hollywood will be retired before you see him
Hollywood will be retired on May 1 - at least from shows.
In case every one else doesn't know what we're talking about - Hollywood is a Persian that's romping up the RW lists - big time!!!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Icey was bred to Dante' Jan 15th/16th. She is pregnant and doing very well. We are expecting little mitted raggie babies about March 21/22nd. She is really getting big now, and I felt atleast 4 kittens mabey more.
Ice is blue and Dante' is seal so I am hoping to have both, but last litter she had three seal mitted and one chocolate mitted, so mabey we will get our blue this time? I will post pics as soon as they are born and have more updates as they grow, but for now there isn't much to report
But, once she has them I will make sure to keep every one with plenty of pics as they develop their color, ect. For now, that is about all, she is getting big and strating to really groom herself. So about 20-25 days from now we should be having them
Hi Leslye,

Congratulations on Icey's pregnancy taking. It must be exciting, counting down the days for more Raggie babies. Are you keeping Icey and Dante' after altering them? It is coming close to time for our boy, Berlioz, to retire, but he will be staying with us, as our loved baby. We are waiting for our new boy to be born now, we are excited.
Kiara is going to be giving us her 2nd litter...any time now.
Her last litter was born March 26th, and she did great, she seems more nervous this time around, and not thinking the birthing area I chose for her is "purrrfect", so she is still pacing and looking everywhere (in our bedroom) for a place to birth those babies. She had 4 last time, and she really doesn't look any bigger, but she is carrying them differently, instead of out to the sides, they are down low. We bred her to a different male this time, a colorpoint, so that I could make sure her genotype is for sure high mitted-bicolor, that is what we expect and was told, but I do like knowing what genotype we are working with. So, if we are correct, Kiara, should give us all mitteds as well, but Ashlan is still being patient for a seal mitted female to show, so maybe she will get it out of this litter.
Our last litter was a blue to blue breeding, which (of course) gives only blues, and Ashlan still thought there may be seals, but I kept telling her it was impossible. She was dissapointed when 5 blue mitteds joined us, but one was our Koda Bear, so none of us were too dissapointed.

We have a seal Ragdoll that only carries the chocolate gene, and not the gene for blue, so even seal to blue breeding results in Seals and Chocolates, and never blues.
Keep us updated!! I am going to go eat dinner, and wait and wait for babies!!

Hugs!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG! I complained on a thread earlier today that I had no business looking at all of the beautiful breeds and kittens. And thank goodness none of the breeders were here in New England
Then, here I am back visiting the "No-no" forum - and I see your post - and you live in MAINE
this is not good! You are too close to me and I can't be tempted! Please tell us that all kittens are all ready reserved!
Too funny! I saw your post about no one being in new england and I laughed, I almost PM'ed you with pictures
(since I live right next door to ya!)
I think for the most part I will have them all reserved, but I haven't taken any deposits I have about 5 people wanting females and I am getting first pick for females, LOL! I do have one male for sure that some one wants, but untill they are born I am not taking any deposits. You never know what you will get (first litter I had 5 girls and no boys)

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Hehehe to Inband
I can't find his pedigree right now, it was all saved on my old computer, and since that crapped out, I trashed the thing, and I never saved any thing off it first. Both of his parents are seal and on moms side gram is a choc lynx. That is all I can really remember right now, on dads side I think there are a few blues but it is mostly a seal line. I am hopeful for a blue, just not expectful!

Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

Hi Leslye,

Congratulations on Icey's pregnancy taking. It must be exciting, counting down the days for more Raggie babies. Are you keeping Icey and Dante' after altering them? It is coming close to time for our boy, Berlioz, to retire, but he will be staying with us, as our loved baby. We are waiting for our new boy to be born now, we are excited.
Kiara is going to be giving us her 2nd litter...any time now.
Her last litter was born March 26th, and she did great, she seems more nervous this time around, and not thinking the birthing area I chose for her is "purrrfect", so she is still pacing and looking everywhere (in our bedroom) for a place to birth those babies. She had 4 last time, and she really doesn't look any bigger, but she is carrying them differently, instead of out to the sides, they are down low. We bred her to a different male this time, a colorpoint, so that I could make sure her genotype is for sure high mitted-bicolor, that is what we expect and was told, but I do like knowing what genotype we are working with. So, if we are correct, Kiara, should give us all mitteds as well, but Ashlan is still being patient for a seal mitted female to show, so maybe she will get it out of this litter.
Our last litter was a blue to blue breeding, which (of course) gives only blues, and Ashlan still thought there may be seals, but I kept telling her it was impossible. She was dissapointed when 5 blue mitteds joined us, but one was our Koda Bear, so none of us were too dissapointed.

We have a seal Ragdoll that only carries the chocolate gene, and not the gene for blue, so even seal to blue breeding results in Seals and Chocolates, and never blues.
Keep us updated!! I am going to go eat dinner, and wait and wait for babies!!

Hugs!!
I am glad things are going well! Poor ashlan is so patient! I don't think I would be as patient as she is being, mabey I will have an extra female I can send out to her

Dante and Ice will both be staying here. We love them dearly, and won't be rehoming either. Dante' has always had a home here, and Ice I had intended on rehoming but as time is growing near retiring, I can't fool any one especially myself that I can rehome her, she is just too sweet a girl and we love her, so we will be keeping both!
I don't think Dante' has it in him to produce blue, but I would be keeping seal any way, so it's ok. I just like the blues, some people really seem to like them and really like the way the mom (icey) looks, so I like to have both (never have yet!)

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are counting down the days now! Icey is about 52 days along and due in about 13 days! We are so excited and have her cage set all up for her and flooding her with love and attention as she is getting so big!
As soon as they are born I will take so pictures of them and when I can I will post them!

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She must be pretty far along by now. Here's hoping you get some blues although it's not likely. The gene for chocolate is a completely different one from the gene that causes the dilute colours {blue, cream & lilac} so getting chocolates wouldn't be any indication that you would be more likely to get any blues.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think Icey is about at 57 days along...(Leslye, correct me if I am wrong).
I notice most of my Raggies go to 65-66 days, but each cat is different. I am going to put in my vote that she has 5 seal mitted babies on Saturday, March 24th.

I also vote that Leslye will be on pins and needles by day 62, with anticipation of babies, and every day after that the rest of us will become more excited to see when Icey and Dante's litter arrives.

I wish you and Icey a very calm and uncomplicated delivery. We look forward to updates.

Hugs and Belly rubs,
Stormi

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by merrytreecats

She must be pretty far along by now. Here's hoping you get some blues although it's not likely. The gene for chocolate is a completely different one from the gene that causes the dilute colours {blue, cream & lilac} so getting chocolates wouldn't be any indication that you would be more likely to get any blues.
I am not hoping for blues because I had a chocolate, it is because the mom is blue that I was hopeful, not because they carry for chocolate

Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

I think Icey is about at 57 days along...(Leslye, correct me if I am wrong).
I notice most of my Raggies go to 65-66 days, but each cat is different. I am going to put in my vote that she has 5 seal mitted babies on Saturday, March 24th.

I also vote that Leslye will be on pins and needles by day 62, with anticipation of babies, and every day after that the rest of us will become more excited to see when Icey and Dante's litter arrives.

I wish you and Icey a very calm and uncomplicated delivery. We look forward to updates.

Hugs and Belly rubs,
Stormi
Yeah she is (for my count) exactly 57 days
You are so good stormi
Icey has had her litters at right about 65 days, so I am still voting for march 22nd, I won't beable to wait another 2 days after that! 5 seals sounds good so I will vote for that too! As far as being on pins and needles by day 62 you couldn't be any more true (even though I am already, but pray they don't come yet, it is still too soon, but I still want them now
)
So, any way we are expecting them any where after 6 days from now!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Icey is having her babies today!
I woke up at 7:00 am she had already had 2 and she has just had her 4th. I am not sure if that will be all, I think I feel 1 more but not sure.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Right on schedule too

How is mum doing?

Now the anxious wait for photos begins