hello

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello, im new to the forum. i registerd becous my cat just an hour ago (mabie more) had kittens and i dont know what to do, i need help lol i tried to prevent this from hapening but my cat "scooter" got out and got pregnant, we (me and my mom) diddnt have mony have money to spay her. my cousin is coming over after school but he only thinks he knows it all lol

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow.........how exciting and scary for you at the same time

Well as long as the kittens are feeding from mom - and mom is washing them etc they should be ok.........but there is lots more about kitten care - heres a link that will give you lots more advice Kitten Care

well I´ll leave it at that, there loads of stuff to read in there. I am sure some other members will come along with advice too

Keep us posted and I hope alls well with mom & her kits

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

wow.........how exciting and scary for you at the same time

Well as long as the kittens are feeding from mom - and mom is washing them etc they should be ok.........but there is lots more about kitten care - heres a link that will give you lots more advice Kitten Care

well I´ll leave it at that, there loads of stuff to read in there. I am sure some other members will come along with advice too

Keep us posted and I hope alls well with mom & her kits

welcome to TCS, this site is full of information and great help and everyone here is so nice
and mooficat has given u great advice...go and make a post in the kitten care section or read up on others and I am sure u will get alot of help there...be sure to keep us updated on mama and the kittens and take some pics we
pics here well see u in kitten care hopefully

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she had them on the closet floor ( one place where they're not supposed to have them) so would it be safe to pick them up and put them where i meant for them to be born?? or would scooter try to bite me? she had them when i was in the shower and my mom was getting ready to leave so no one was there to direct her where to go

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
could you put a box, with an old towel in there for her and she might move the kits herself ? the kits really need to be kept warm & free from drafts, so a box would be best

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yea ill do anything, anything thats safe for me to do

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
try that then, put the box near her, and so she can get in easy - leave her for a bit in peace and quiet and she might move into the box with the kits

keep us posted

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i found a nice big box for her, she has about 3 babies they are nursing right now
i think

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats good then, she is taking care of them...........have you got a towel or something to make it warm & cosy in the box......?

does she let you go near - like to stroke her ?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site! You've come to the right place to get help with the new family.

I'll move this to Pregnant Cats & Newborn Kittens where more of our experts will be sure to see this.

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yea, i got a towel. i found a smaller crate that dips in the front so she can get her babies in there easier. and i dont know if i can get close to her yet, ill try it right now

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, she lets me stroke her paw but she also looks realy lethargic right now. man,
the anticipation of wondering if they're gonna all be alright is killing me. and i miscounted, she was hiding two more, sp she has five kittens

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, bless her, she´ll be totally pooped out from the birthing process

I am sure they are gonna be fine, if she feeding them then thats the most important thing now.......let her rest with them

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
welcome to the fourm and congrats on the new kittens , im pleased that mum and babys seem to be doing well. you have already had good advise , juts 1 thing i will post , please make sure that mum does not get outside as she can become pregnant at any time again. will you be spaying her once the kittens have been weened? i dont know what area you are in , if you post where you are im sure someone can help you out , where to look for a low cost S/N clinc is.
we love pics here so when you have the time can you post some pictures for us?

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yea i can post some pics. just one one thing, im pretty sure this is normal (as with humans) but she is bleeding by her butt, is this normal? and my mom just stopped by on her break from working (my grandmas daycare) and said that one baby is'nt moving much, all the rest seem to be perfect and healthy

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well that will be from the births, she should / will clean herself when she get chance, as you mentioned, she´ll be pretty tired - has all the afterbirth come away ?

about the kitten can you try to put it on a nipple to feed ?

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i diddnt hink i could touch the baby's.

and how would i clean her? just so i know

daniel_17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Urgent Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scooter Left Them!!!!! :censor::censor::censor: Do I Dooo????? Im Paniicking!!!!!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you mean she left them? Did she go get something to eat and drink, use the toilet? Or has she abandoned them?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you shouldnt need to clean the mum atall. yes as long as the mum is ok with you being near it will be ok to move the kitten over to her. get her licking at the kitten then try and put him/her on the nipple.
good luck , hope everything continues to go well.