Gina Talks in her Sleep!

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay this is just a fun post, since it is obviously not a problem. But this is the first time I have heard this and Gina is 5. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, little Gina was sleeping beside me as usual, and she was sound asleep. She was making the CRAZIEST noises I ever heard, it sounded like talking, seriously, except in cat language. And it was LOUD. And, this sounds insane, but, have you ever seen on those nature shows about whales, how they communicate underwater, it sounded kind of like that! After a few minutes I woke her up petting her, so I could go back to sleep. Anyone else ever seen their cat do this? She is actually a very vocal little girl normally, I think she is a black oriental.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my bella makes noises in her sleep, and they are the craziest sounds, but here is the funny thing she isnt that vocal well not towards many to me she always is because she wants some loving
but ur not alone, I actually do remember a post like that but someone didnt know if was normal ! but well I have 6 cats and out of them bella is the one who makes the weirdest loudest noises in her sleep, and also she does snore occasionally
but dont tell her i told u guys that

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomas chatters, mews and growls in his sleep. Luckily he's only growled a couple times, it's very angry sounding and makes me worry that he's having horrible dreams

Sho snores, sighs, and grunts

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Tomas chatters, mews and growls in his sleep. Luckily he's only growled a couple times, it's very angry sounding and makes me worry that he's having horrible dreams

Sho snores, sighs, and grunts
Ya bella growls in her sleep and it also worries me,i always wonder what can they dream about, they sleep a majority of the day...how much can thye dream

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our beloved Sweety use to have nightmares and cry out so loud sometimes in her sleep, I would wake her up and she would be soooo happy when I did! Hate to think what she was dreaming!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are just like people, arent they!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know of only one cat we've had that talked in his sleep and he only did it once. Sound asleep and just meowed real loud.

rushrulz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think Mi-ke talks in her sleep, although she'll give a surprised "Meow?!" if she wakes up from a sound sleep.

Some researchers studied cat sleep once, and as far as they could tell, cats dream of hunting. There's a part of the brain that prevents you from acting out your dreams. The researchers "turned it off" to see what the cats would do, and they were hunting. They also had the exact same brain waves while dreaming that they have when they hunt.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No sounds that's i've heard except snores. However, there is alot of tail, paw and jaw twitching! I just wish I had more real mice in the house for them to hunt in real life
Their presence is probably the reason that we're mouse free!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rushrulz

Some researchers studied cat sleep once, and as far as they could tell, cats dream of hunting. There's a part of the brain that prevents you from acting out your dreams. The researchers "turned it off" to see what the cats would do, and they were hunting. They also had the exact same brain waves while dreaming that they have when they hunt.
I've seen kittens make suckling motions/noises and knead in their sleep. I've heard cats purr in their sleep and the growls Tomas made were the afraid type growls. Since I found him outside with only a young semi feral tom to keep him company (who wasn't particularly happy about it either), I can imagine he had a few scary encounters that could make him growl like that.