Arghhh I´ve had a flood

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My washing machine has just decided to spill its full load of water everywhere
.............and its in Teddy room............all his bags of cat-lit are wet through.
So now I suppose we have to buy a new machine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
.........phew......well I´ve managed to mop up all the water.......yak!! Teddy joined me and kept attacking the mop, so that lightened the whole affair a little
I cant see whats happened....DH will have to inspect it.
All the sales have just about come to an end, but I quite like the idea of shopping

wonder if this is anything to do with Miss Moofs breaking my mirror

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can check with a repairman, might just be a clog somewhere... although shopping is a good idea.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Maybe you can check with a repairman, might just be a clog somewhere... although shopping is a good idea.
I would check with a repairman first
New washers are expensive!

That sucks though, those litter bags will be heavier to move now.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually i just cant believe how everything has gone down in price with technology these days

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww that sucks!
our water basin where the water from the machine emptys into...must have gotten a clogg somewhere in the piping.
Me and my grandpa spent 30 minutes doing a load watching the basin fill up and water come out the hole in the basement
it was insane!!!
Im just glad I wasnt the one who did a load of laundry and had to come down to find the floor flooded...

good luck and hopefully you get it all fixed! gotta get those whites white and those brights bright!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

wonder if this is anything to do with Miss Moofs breaking my mirror
Oh no...what a mess.

I don't think that Miss Moofs is at fault this time.

I hope that you get this resolved quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well a mister came to look at our washing machine....its a pipe that had split, which seem a reasonable thing to replace........BUT this machine is over 12 yrs old and guess what they dont make this model anymore
YAK !

So guess whose out shopping for new washing machine this afternoon

the average price here is about 350 euros which is about 235 sterling or 465 dollars, so I dont know if thats good or bad, upshot is we need a new one, so the price is what the price is !

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be something as simple as a sock or towel stuck under the agetator in the drain hose. Check to make sure before going out and buying another washing machine unless yours is ancient of course. It's likely something minor.

I had an incident of a flood a couple of times with my washing machine. However mine was the result of a slow running sink drain. I have a portable washing machine that I have to pull up to the kitchen sink and connect to the tap and regulate the water temperature by turning on the hot and cold water. If the sink runs slow the water over flows onto the floor. I totally freaked when that happened because I live in an apartment building and I had visions of flooding the apartment below me. Luckily I had some really large bath sheets that soaked up the water quickly.

Is your cat litter the clumping kind? If it isn't you could probably spill it out and spread it out and let it air dry and then use it. Clumping is a lost cause though
I hope there isn't any permanent damage.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

the average price here is about 350 euros which is about 235 sterling
Ann that's a good price because mines a Zanussi and it was £250 in the sale, and 12 years old is a good age so it might be time for a new one anyway.

Look at it this way, it's an excuse to go shopping!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can find one that is resonable and that you like.Shopping is always fun to do.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Enjoy shopping for a new one. When I finally need a new one I want a front loading which are well over $1,000. Even a cheap top loading washer here is at least $400 and more often much higher so consider the price you have to pay as pretty dang good.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We replaced our washer/dryer with a new front loading washer and a big fancy dryer a couple of years ago. I understand that the front loading machines are more common overseas than in the US. Good luck in getting a new one quickly!!