raw food/commercial food

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know most raw feeders believe that once you switch to raw, raw should be the only food fed to cats. I'm wondering if anyone here feeds a combination of canned and raw, dry and raw or canned, dry and raw?

I can't switch over completely because my food processor is small and even the 2 pound recipe won't last long if I don't also include commercial cat food. Plus if I ever have to rely on a pet sitter I don't know of any pet sitter willing to feed raw which means I have to have my cats used to commercial cat food too.

Also I sometimes think it would be easier for me if I just buy ground meat so I don't have to use my food processor all the time but I've read about the fact the ground meat in grocery stores contains more bacteria than chicken breasts and thighs because the surface bacteria has been ground into the meat and then it sits in the refrigerated shelf as opposed to being frozen. But if it's safe to feed ground meat, that will be easier for me.

Rosie ate a whole meal of raw today flavored with tuna water since right now that's the only way she'll eat it and Spotty had his first taste of raw today(the tuna water convinced him too).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have tried to make them eat some canned ... I am currently lossing this battle and have decided for now it is all raw ....

You could find a dry your happy with( yup oxymoron
) and give it a few hours apart from the raw

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's OK to do the canned / raw. We're just starting out, but I'm finding that the ones who have been willing to try the raw are now refusing the canned.
They look at me like, "where's the other stuff"??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I think it's OK to do the canned / raw. We're just starting out, but I'm finding that the ones who have been willing to try the raw are now refusing the canned.
They look at me like, "where's the other stuff"??
slight hyjack...

lmao...

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine always get *some* canned. Either I forget to thaw it, or forget to bring food home from work, or something like that happens. I have a stash of canned food in the cupboard just for my forgetfulness

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am switching one kitty to raw for now...& she gets 50/50 canned/raw.