Cuddler all of a sudden??

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so Stormies been here since October and well she is almost 8 months now
My babie is growing up
but she was never much of a cuddler, she cuddled a few times since shes been here and thats about it, and the most she really does now is sleep on my feet or legs at night well it was my side until she got to big and couldnt keep balanced and kept falling off, but also she will lay on my labtop when its on my lap i guess thats her way of cuddeling
and well tonite she just started cuddeling, she first cuddled with my mom which made me a little jelous
because she is my baby
but then I picked her up when she was downstairs on my computer chair so I put her back on my lap and she cuddled there for a little bit and then she got down when she thought my mom was headin to the fridge and then sshe did come back and cuddled some more on her own
I just thought this was odd because she never really cuddles and then all of a sudden tonite she started to cuddle alot, I have no problem with cuddeling of course i love cuddles
but has any one else had this type of exxperience with random cuddeling or any one know where this came from? I am just so confused but I am not complaining at all

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like she is begining to fully trust you. Karma was like that, granted she was a stray and we got her when she was 2 years old. It did take her about 6 months to start truly cuddleing on her own. It still is very infrequently but she does do it. Usually its when I am napping on the couch and she will jump up and nuzzle right into my legs.
Don't be confused by it. She is just getting use to you as her mom and will soon be doing it all the time. Remember she is still a baby and needs to feel one hundred percent afe before she will fully cuddle. It is a blessing. She LOVES you.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Pearl for 6 years before she suddenly began to love her cuddles. Now she is a huge cuddle monster to both of us. The others have become more cuddly since she decided it was a good thing. It seems they can't let another kitty get more petting ang loving than they are getting. It's great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well when I came down this morning they came to of course and well Bella was already on my shoulders when i came on here earlier and then stormie jumped in my lap
its a little tough with a good almost 13lb kittie on ur neck and then the dogs wanted in so i had to move every one
but then they got food, i love my little cuddle bug see it took her a while to trust everyone in the house she only followed me around and i do miss that now

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cappy is very similar.

I've had him sicne he was 12 days old, hand raised the little squirt. When he was a little baby, he was the most affectionate kitten ever.. until he turned 8 or 9 weeks old. Then he turned into the devil.
But now, when he was about 7 months old, maybe clsoer to 8, he turned into a lvoe bug.. he wants cuddles and scritches all the time.. but then he bites you to let you know he's had enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

Cappy is very similar.

I've had him sicne he was 12 days old, hand raised the little squirt. When he was a little baby, he was the most affectionate kitten ever.. until he turned 8 or 9 weeks old. Then he turned into the devil.
But now, when he was about 7 months old, maybe clsoer to 8, he turned into a lvoe bug.. he wants cuddles and scritches all the time.. but then he bites you to let you know he's had enough.
That is stormie exactly
I miss her little devilish self tho
Then I at least new she could handle herself with the other cats and she was always the troublemaker and well now if they want to plaly they hit her which she initially started this and she backs down, such a lover now
although she tries to play with willies tail when hes in the cat tree and she sits there and hits it and bites it, such a torublemaker still i guess, but at least we are loveugs now
At least I know that some cats go through this "stage"
speaking of my little trouble maker i wonder where she is in this house

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boy is definately still a troublemaker! No doubt about that.. he gets into eveyrthing he's not supposed, he picks on and beats up all the other cats. but then he will come over nad lay on me and wnat to be cuddles. or he'll go over to my hairless dog and lay inbetween her front feet and grab at her face.

i think he'll always be his mischievious little self, but I think he'll get more and more loving over time.