Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else watching this? I totally am smarter than a fifth grader, except I don't know the American oriented questions.....you know, like about Columbus Day which we don't celebrate or about American Presidents. But I'm owning the rest of these questions. I should go on this show! lol

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it and only knew the answer to the math question
I am also Canadian though so I don't know the American questions.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught a bit of it but I got the Mayflower and the REM questions right.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it and got most of them right..but not before clearing away the cobwebs in my head first.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

aww i wanted to watch it..I hope i am smarter than a 5th grader
When I left my parent's house tonight, they were gonna watch it. I wanted to too, but I was afraid that I wouldn't be smarter than a 5th grader

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
darn, I wanted to watch that
, the previews looked funny, especially with jeff foxworthy hosting it
. How did it go????

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm too afraid to watch that show!
The ads asked a question about trapezoids and neither DH or I knew the answer.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love trivia game shows, but was very disappointed in 1 vs 100
and want to check this one out too, missed it last night cause I had to work than watch Idol, but I will be watching it tonight!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far I am smarter than a fifth grader. Answered all the questions. I can't believe that the first contestant couldn't answer any of the questions on his own!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While it is a funny concept, I don't like the idea of that show. Some schools around here are having a hard time getting kids to go to school. If kids watch this show, then they may get the impression that what they learn at least in 5th grade they really won't need later on in life.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could not think of the "mayflower" considering we have actually visited the site and toured the replica!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A trapezoid is a 4 sided shape where the 4 sides don't have to be equal in length.
_____
| \\
| \\
|_______\\

I loved the show! Of course, before stopping to think I answered the "little flower" but after a second I realized it was actually the may flower. We both missed Colombus day which is bad because I get it off every year. :p I thought it was fun... but I did catch an interview this morning w/ some of the kids and they seemed so disappointed in the adults.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The show was okay...I was rather floored by the ignorance and display of long-term memory the adults actually showed during this first run of the show. And of course, the kids were really getting a kick out of it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoyed it, and I'm smarter than a 5th grader except for the Polar Bear question. But my daughter knew that one!

I think they hold the Jeopardy test in the same building and take the ones who flunk out of that for this show, LOL!