I just saw Squirt!!!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the ob/gyn for something unrelated, and they said they can do an early ultrasound to properly date the baby and make sure everything looks fine (so far!). So of course I said yes!

So they date me at 7 weeks 4 days (plus or minus 2 days), with a due date of October 12. I even saw little Squirt's heart beat - the start of a heart beat anyway... It was soooo cool to see this little thing flickering

It seems so much more real now - I can't stop grinning

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! My birthday is in October, so you know babies born in October are super cool lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah! It's just a shame DH wasn't there - I wasn't expecting to have the ultrasound done! I got photos though

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember when my partner first brought in the pic of his wife's ultrasound. That was too cool! I'm so glad you got the surprise ultrasound!

Hi little squirt!

Laurie

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How exciting! Did they give you a photo?

My friend has a photo of her baby girl as a zygote (a few DAYS old, looks much like a round cell). She had to do the petrie dish method of fertilization as they tried for years and years naturally with no luck. So they give you a photo of the fertilized egg ie.zygote. Won't it be wierd for her daughter to have a photo of herself as a cell? So neat.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its like finding burried treasure in your uterus

Congrats! I got to see Pickle at 9 weeks...there was a face and everything...it was precious!
Today one of my coworkers took me to the Nursery and we used a Fetal Doppler to hear the heart..it took a while to find it but I was super happy. So I totally know how happy it makes you!

Take care of that baby and if you can post your ultrasound pic!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll try to scan the pic tonight and post it. It's just a blob, and there is nothing to see in the pic - but it's MY blob!!!!

EricaNicole - that's cool that you got to see the face at 9 weeks!!! It's all mindblowing to think that we just created life...

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

Congratulations! My birthday is in October, so you know babies born in October are super cool lol.
Yeah! Have Squirt on the fourteenth and you'll have to name her (hopefully it's a girl!) after me!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

It's just a blob, and there is nothing to see in the pic - but it's MY blob!!!!
Aww thats the sweetest thing ever!
Instead of Squirt you should call it Flubber!

I guess nothing is more odd than Pickle hunh?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heeeeeere's Squirt!!

Like I said - a tiny blob.... with a heartbeat

Lookingglass - we've started thinking about names. The middle name will be Diane for a girl, and Lawrence for a boy (for DH's mum and my dad who both died when we were little). For a girl I like Emily Diane. DH likes Eloise Diane. For a boy we both liked Ethan Lawrence, but there's been no boy names that have jumped out at me - I've got my money on a girl
And there's nothing about names that begin with E in particular by the way... just a coincidence
There's a bunch of names we've put down. It's going to be a long process, and I imagine we won't decide until we actually see Squirt in real life!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Squirt is a beautiful little blob!

Have fun picking out names, I've had my future children's names picked out for a long time!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww that's sooo exciting!!!
You are going to have such a beautiful baby when that little one gets here!
Aww i'm so excited we are all going to be TCS aunts/uncles