I think I am gonna do my walking

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am gonna get on my treadmill and do my walking.

Today was a very stressful day at work so I am gonna see if I can walk off some of it too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good girl! Hope you did it! As I'm sure you know, walking is SO GOOD for you! It's not just a stress reliever. I lost almost all the weight I put on from quitting smoking a few years ago (started again
) from just walking at least a half a mile every day. Of course, living in the RV back then we didn't own a treadmill - but that works!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Good girl! Hope you did it! As I'm sure you know, walking is SO GOOD for you! It's not just a stress reliever. I lost almost all the weight I put on from quitting smoking a few years ago (started again
) from just walking at least a half a mile every day. Of course, living in the RV back then we didn't own a treadmill - but that works!

Laurie
Yeah, I know what you mean, we have a travel trailer too, and there is no room in ours either.

And I am trying to cut down on my smoking too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Yeah, I know what you mean, we have a travel trailer too, and there is no room in ours either.

And I am trying to cut down on my smoking too.
When I was focused on walking, we lived in the middle of nowhere - so I totally forgot that a GYM is a possibility!

So.... did you do your walking?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

When I was focused on walking, we lived in the middle of nowhere - so I totally forgot that a GYM is a possibility!

So.... did you do your walking?
Yep, I walked a mile, and I might try to walk some more later. I try and walk at least a mile every day.

My doctor told me to start walking to make my bones stronger.

I have bad bones

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My fam has a history of osteoporosis. I'm sorry it's already a problem for you.
The walking is great for that. If you're not using a treadmill for walking, hold 3 lb weights in your hands and do curls while you're walking. But if you're at a gym, spend a few minutes doing some weights. That combo is really important for the bone building. Are you on meds - or do you take a calcium supplement?

Laurie

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

My fam has a history of osteoporosis. I'm sorry it's already a problem for you.
The walking is great for that. If you're not using a treadmill for walking, hold 3 lb weights in your hands and do curls while you're walking. But if you're at a gym, spend a few minutes doing some weights. That combo is really important for the bone building. Are you on meds - or do you take a calcium supplement?

Laurie
Yes, I take fosamax once a week and I take 1200 mg's of calcium a day. My doctor just sent me for a bone scan last year when I had my check up. He told me that there are three main factors for osterporosis, one if you are white, one if you are little and if you smoke. And I am all three of them, he told me to carry 2 lb weights though.

I am gonna ask him when I go back about working out in a gym, some co-workers have joined and they want me to work out with them, but I don't wanna do nothing until I ask my doctor.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup. Always best to talk to Doc. Starting out with 2 pound weights is great. I just started at 3 and didn't find it a problem.

I'm really glad you're being so good about this! I'm white, little, and smoke. I'd better get back to walking again. And I KNOW I have to quit! UGH! (Why don't they have a smiley for pulling out one's hair?
)

Laurie