Biscotte's Twin...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen this kitty, who looks just like Biscotte, coming around for a year. A few days ago, she let me touch her. So I locked her away in the garage.
What a great start to our relationship!
Anyways, today was her vet check. Vet knows her. Contacted the owners. Apparently the whole deal is this:

She is 12 years old, never spayed, never vaccinated. She was indoor/outdoor(mostly outdoor). Got pregnant 2 x a year her entire life, had kittens under their house. They'd feed her when they remembered. She "aught to be knocked up right about now....we'll let her in once the kittens are gone or dead".
Vet asked them if they'd seen her recently & the guy said if he never saw her again, he'd be happy. So, the vet just didn't tell the guy I have her!

I honestly can't afford another senior, kitty, but I'll make it work somehow. She's going to have to be in the garage & outside, I just can't stress Ophelia any more(I've already pushed her too far). She gets spayed tomorrow(spay abort since she's likely pregnant). Got her first set of vaccs today.

Wish me luck! My parents are going to kill me when they find out we've got yet another kitty, even if it is outside.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you all the luck in the world.
If you're parents freak just tell them "Oh, what's one more?"
That's what I told my Husband when I wanted to bring Elliott in...he fell for it.

Bless you for taking care of this girl!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful for her that you intervened. Some people are just incredibly selfish and stupid. I know how it is when you really feel that you can't take another one, but somehow we manage. I would love to see a picture of her when you can, to see how she looks like Biscotte!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

You have my best wishes for the best of luck. People like you must have a special place reserved for them in heaven.
That is heartbreaking, poor old girl! If it wasn't for people like you, I'd've lost faith in humanity ages ago.

I hope she does well under your love and care. And yes, please, pictures!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah, Natalie, what's one more????? thank goodness you've got her now, even though she'll be in the garage, it'll be a much better life than she was living, ugh, I can't imagine the poor girl having kittens 2x a years for 12 years

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh bless you for caring for this older kitty..It breaks my heart to hear her story. Now she will know love and kindness from you.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for taking care of this girl. I'm glad she has found someone like you after being stuck with such horrid people her entire life.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats is so incredible, that people would have that sort of attitude

You are so wonderful for taking care of her
and it sounds like she is used to being outside, so maybe things will work out for you and your other kits

Give her a scritch from us
and keep us posted !

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your parents should take great pride in the fact that you are such a sensitive loving person who passionately cares for the well being of animals.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That poor, sweet girl. I'm so glad she's safe and sound with you now, Natalie.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

What horrible people!!
Bless your heart for giving this little girl a chance, and i love your vet for telling fibs!!
People these days
how can people be so mean, and well I love ur vet that was just too great and funny I am so glad that hes on ur side about this

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

yeah, Natalie, what's one more????? thank goodness you've got her now, even though she'll be in the garage, it'll be a much better life than she was living, ugh, I can't imagine the poor girl having kittens 2x a years for 12 years
I cant believe that they let her get pregnat at least 2 times a year and didnt even care for her or the kittens
Is it really that hard to go get a cat spayed...come on if u aint going to care for it why get it? People these days
Bless ur heart for takin in this girl
u are a
for this ! Ur parents will eventually get over it and like others said just say whats one more

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor girl
It's a wonder she's made it to 12 with that kind of life and hasn't just keeled over and died through the exhaustion and strain of all those pregnancies. She'll know a much better life from now on, of that I'm certain

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful, wonderful thing you are doing!

She's used to being outside - she obviously knows how to survive if she's made it this long! She may not be a feral you're trapping and releasing - but she'll have consistent food and shelter and SUCH a better life! She'll just be your "outdoor kitty."
More love for her, and more love for you!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got her to the vet to be spayed, yesterday, but don't know when I can pick her up! With it snowing like this...I'm basically snowed in....they're saying 12-20", so I'm in no hurry to go out yet!

When I get her home, I'll get some pics. She was rather jittery before, so I didn't want to take pics of her. She's so fluffy, too. Fur like silk. She looks "good" for being so old. Her teeth are excellent for her age. I was rather shocked that she was 12 years old. I just hope the "Queen Feen" accepts her...she's 13 & bit "tempermental"(to put it nicely).

Oh & I cannot forget....she was pretyt far along(I didn't ask exaclty how far) with 7 kittens!
And I don't feel bad, I mean, those kittens would've died if I hadn't fixed momma. I can't keep them & I know the shelter has no room. I saved them from a life of misery...because I couldn't get them fixed & they had no where to go.

I believe she has been named "Floofy" because "Fluffy" is too generic.
Funny how i rescue a cat & don't even get to name her!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I got her to the vet to be spayed, yesterday, but don't know when I can pick her up! With it snowing like this...I'm basically snowed in....they're saying 12-20", so I'm in no hurry to go out yet!

When I get her home, I'll get some pics. She was rather jittery before, so I didn't want to take pics of her. She's so fluffy, too. Fur like silk. She looks "good" for being so old. Her teeth are excellent for her age. I was rather shocked that she was 12 years old. I just hope the "Queen Feen" accepts her...she's 13 & bit "tempermental"(to put it nicely).

Oh & I cannot forget....she was pretyt far along(I didn't ask exaclty how far) with 7 kittens!
And I don't feel bad, I mean, those kittens would've died if I hadn't fixed momma. I can't keep them & I know the shelter has no room. I saved them from a life of misery...because I couldn't get them fixed & they had no where to go.

I believe she has been named "Floofy" because "Fluffy" is too generic.
Funny how i rescue a cat & don't even get to name her!
I know how hard it is for some people to spay a pregnant cat.
I would have made the same decision, but don't fault those who can't do it.

But no matter what, you are doing SO MUCH good - and I'm glad you know it!

Hope you weather the storm safely. She'll understand!

Laurie

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not one who has a problem with a spay abort. Just seeing all the kittens in the shelter. Having to be the one to pick who gets euthanized for overpopulation. I just cannot justify bringing more kittens into a world where there are so many who are already unwanted. I honestly couldn't afford to feed, fix, vaccinate, & vet later down the road any more than 1 cat. She's stretching things far enough.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just thought I'd update. I brought her home & she was freaking out after the spay. I had her in a wire dog crate in the garage, I was afraid she'd seriously hurt herself, so I let her go outside. Her stitches are disolvable(sp?), so I don't need to catch her anytime soon. She has finally let me pet her again today. Hopefully, I will be able to get some pics. I'm taking things slowly as I want to be able to get her into the garage soon. Although, it is warm outside & all the cats are quite happy to lay in the sunshine. Floofy has been caught in the pile with the "Queen Bees" Goat-Head, Fafeena, & Slinky. I was very concerned about Fafeena running her off, but from the way they were all wrapped aorund each other today, I think we're OK!

I must admit, she looks pretty darn good for being so old! I'm very glad, too. Hopefully, she can have another good 10 years with me.