Might have to sell our house

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have known this for some time, but just havent said anything to anybody.
We have been struggling so bad the last 6-8 mos with our house payment, its gone up ALOT over the last year, and now we have decided that selling it may be our only option!! I am kinda scared, because I dont wanna rent a house, due to all my animals, theres no way anyone would lemme have them all!! And I am not going to get rid of them
I just dont know what to do.

Can you guys please help me? Give me some *hopeful* vibes, or something.

Thanks!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of good vibes that things turn around for you guys........hang in there! It will all work out somehow.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear this, Epona and I have had horrendous financial problems in the past and I know the fear of losing your house must be awful. Unfortunately I'm not in any position to advice but you will be in my thoughts over the next few days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Can you rent a room to someone?
Nah, I dont think that would work, but thanks for the idea.
We really dont have anybody that needs a room.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rent to a stranger. Look in the paper for someone looking to share a house. Could be a student.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THat is an option. Make sure you get a background check or somthing on them if you feel weird about it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read the Wall Street Journal and there have been alot of articles lately about mortgage problems. The best thing you can do is contact the mortgage lender and explain your situation. Do you know if you have enough equity in the house to pay off the mortgage if you do sell it?? Most lenders are willing to help out their customers.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I read the Wall Street Journal and there have been alot of articles lately about mortgage problems. The best thing you can do is contact the mortgage lender and explain your situation. Do you know if you have enough equity in the house to pay off the mortgage if you do sell it?? Most lenders are willing to help out their customers.
We have talked to everybody!! Our mortgage compny, other mortgage lenders/companies, theres noone out there that will refinance us, or anything!! It just really sucks!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would talk to your lending institution. They may be willing to work with you.
Maybe a credit counseler?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww thats a real tough situation...have you had chance to talk to your mortage people as yet...sometimes they can extend it ? obviously I´m not an expert ...they do recommend that to speak to the lenders 1st up.

I hope you can arrange something and if you really have to move then you can find something suitable for you and your kits.

heres sending tons & tons of positive (((((( vibes )))))) for you and yours

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you don't have to move but If you do I hope you can find a land holding company like I have, the superintendant volunteered to catsit for me if I ever go out of town.

<<<<Vibes for staying in your house>>>>

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear that
I'm not going to offer any advice - it sounds as though you've gone through all your options, and this is obviously the last resort.

I will send as many vibes as possible that this will get sorted out as soon as possible, and you can keep your house filled with your furbabies.

Good luck!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry to hear this. While i do not have any advice on this topic for you- i want to let you know that i'm praying for you and sending lots of vibes your way.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I am sorry to hear this. While i do not have any advice on this topic for you- i want to let you know that i'm praying for you and sending lots of vibes your way.
Thank you sweetie.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sending HUGE positive vibes your way!

Gary and I have never owned a home.
(We are close to owning the RV 100% though!) But boy do I know what you're going through in terms of struggle.

Gary and I were unemployed when he had serious medical problems. We didn't have health insurance. Talk about struggling. It's why I didn't have time for TCS for close to/over a year. Thank GOD Gary had us keep a six-month supply of "emergency" food (like camping food). I really don't know what would have happened. We gained weight because of the diet which consisted primarily of carbohydrates - but not having to spend the money on us for food kept the kitties fed.

Around here (northern NJ) a lot of people are in the same boat. Prices for homes are down a lot and there are so many on the market.
I'm sending vibes that even if you do have to sell your home, that you can find a home you want to live in with all your kitties. Maybe you can buy a smaller home or a home that's in an area where homes cost less but it's still safe, contingent on selling your home?

Whatever happens, my heart is with you.

Laurie

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Thank you sweetie.
You are very welcome
I know ya'll are going though a rough time right now- but just know you have a lot of people praying for you and sending vibes your way