Question about my eyes?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok-about a month ago, I had what I thought was pink eye(went to doc and got meds) well since then, my eyes have NOT been the same. They hurt alot AND ALOT in the evenings. I also notice that in the mornings,. I literally cant see!!! It takes me quite some time to get them all cleared up. This never happened before that *infection*. I am really thinking I should call the eye dr. Does anyone know anything about this??

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately I don't know anything about it, but definitely get in touch with your eye doctor and tell him/her what's going on...........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Unfortunately I don't know anything about it, but definitely get in touch with your eye doctor and tell him/her what's going on...........
I just talked to a nurse at my Dr office and shes going to talk with my Dr and see what she thinks I need to do. I am kinda getting scared something may happen with my eyes.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years ago, I thought I had gotten something in my eye. I shook it off for a couple of days, but it got worse so I went to the minor emergency clinic. They said there wasn't anything in my eye, but that I had pinkeye. They prescribed drops for that, and it got worse. So I went to a real eye doctor and they diagnosed it as uveitis. It was really painful. It made my eyes really red, terribly sensitive to light, watery, I saw 'floaters', dirty feeling (like a foreign object sensation), the works - it sucked. It would take 4-5 hours in the morning for my eyes to adjust to the light and then it still hurt.

Anyway, yes - please go back and get it looked at again. The good news is I'm fine now. I hope you can get some relief.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

A few years ago, I thought I had gotten something in my eye. I shook it off for a couple of days, but it got worse so I went to the minor emergency clinic. They said there wasn't anything in my eye, but that I had pinkeye. They prescribed drops for that, and it got worse. So I went to a real eye doctor and they diagnosed it as uveitis. It was really painful. It made my eyes really red, terribly sensitive to light, watery, I saw 'floaters', dirty feeling (like a foreign object sensation), the works - it sucked. It would take 4-5 hours in the morning for my eyes to adjust to the light and then it still hurt.

Anyway, yes - please go back and get it looked at again. The good news is I'm fine now. I hope you can get some relief.
Hmm, thats interesting. I am still waiting to hear back from my doctor.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you know what started the 'pink eye' had you done something ........like maybe got something in it, been swimming ? ummm well I think you are best to see the eye doc.
Lots of =(=(=( vibes )=)=)= whizzing your way

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Hmm, thats interesting. I am still waiting to hear back from my doctor.
It could be anything...but like Troutsmom said, eyes aren't anything to mess around with. Uveitis is basically an inflammation of the uvea. In general, I don't think it's very common, but it's more common in women, aged 30-40. It can come on for no reason and usually goes away as mysteriously as it started.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I would be freaking out..eye stuff is serious business. I hope you get it all figured out soon..
I know!! I just kept thinking that it would all go away, and well, it hasnt!!