Possible new tattoo :)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want another tattoo
I am just wonderin what to get and where to get it lol. I want one on top of my foot, or like back of my neck. Does anyone have any experience with these?? How bad do they hurt?? I currently have 3 and they are on my leg/ankle.

Any advice is appreciated....

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tattoo's on the ankle are meant to be the most painful aside from being tattoo'ed on the sternum so I'm sure you wouldn't find it that painful

I've got four tattoo's and none of them hurt as bad as having my tongue pierced

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My tongue didn't hurt when I got it pierced, but since I've been told by numerous people that it hurt them, I count myself lucky.

While I only have 2 tattoos myself, and getting my third/fourth ones in a few weeks, I will tell you the best advice I have learned from just research and talking to people. There are certain areas of your body that have a ton of nerves, or bone, that when you get tattooed there, it hurts a lot more than somewhere else. Examples would be the base of the spine, the sternum, top of the neck, ankles, feet, elbows, and wrist. Also though, it always depends on the person. Just because their foot hurt when it got tattooed, doesn't mean your's will, since everyone has a different threshold for pain. My lower back hurt WAY more than my shoulder blades did because it was right there at the base of my spine where you have a wonderful nerve cluster.

Since I haven't been inked in either place you mentioned, I can't be much help, but hopefully it'll make sense anyway

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Tattoo's on the ankle are meant to be the most painful aside from being tattoo'ed on the sternum so I'm sure you wouldn't find it that painful

I've got four tattoo's and none of them hurt as bad as having my tongue pierced
Wow-really? I have a friend that got her tongue pierced and she claims it didnt hurt!!
My ankle tats really didnt hurt, that bad. So I wonder how bad on on top of foot would hurt??

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got tats on the back of my neck and on the sides.
The tats themselves did not hurt, but when you move your head while it's still healing it pulls and gets a bit uncomfortable.

My ankles didn't hurt at all, my most painful was on my hip, in the front, over the hip bone.

My tongue piercing didn't hurt at all.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno why my tongue piercing hurt- the guy put the needle through and then the bar the other way and boy the moment that bar went in I was in agony

None of my other piercings hurt

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I picked a painful place to have my first tattoo!
I have a small butterfly on my left hip. It hurt but it was bearable. I did keep saying Owie Owie Owie!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It all depends on your pain tolerance- I have one on my lower back and it hurt, right one the spine! I want another, but I want something big on my side, so I'm sure that will hurt too, since its right on my ribs and such.

I know one of our members just got one on her neck and it looked awesome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Of course I picked a painful place to have my first tattoo!
I have a small butterfly on my left hip. It hurt but it was bearable. I did keep saying Owie Owie Owie!
Thats another place I was thinking.......the hip area.
My other 3 are kinda bigger so something little is what I am wanting.