Here we go again! :(

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so the girl in the next desk over quit before Thanksgiving with no notice. We had to pck up her slack till the 1st of the year when the new girl came. Well today the new girl packed her stuff up. She doesn't work here anymore. No one knows what is going on. All I know is that now my boss is talking about changing our duties. The lady that does the other 1/2 of what I do is going to take the empty position and I am going to be taking on all her old duties. YUCK! I am going to be SWAMPED in a few weeks time with my own customers then add hers on top of that.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and I don't suppose a raise will be included with those increased responsibilities, eh? I guess you could always look at it as job security

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm no. And job security is ok for a year. Then my contract is up.... it should be ok though! We only get raises once a year. I just got mine, its the same as everyone else in my office no matter how much or little they do.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Ok so the girl in the next desk over quit before Thanksgiving with no notice. We had to pck up her slack till the 1st of the year when the new girl came. Well today the new girl packed her stuff up. She doesn't work here anymore. No one knows what is going on. All I know is that now my boss is talking about changing our duties. The lady that does the other 1/2 of what I do is going to take the empty position and I am going to be taking on all her old duties. YUCK! I am going to be SWAMPED in a few weeks time with my own customers then add hers on top of that.
If it makes you feel ANY better at all, we recently lost a coworker (quit for a new job, yay, hated him!) so we are now shortstaffed and the three of us left in the office have been covering all his clients, then yesterday I came in to find that the only other coworker in here that actually pulls her own weight broke her hip skiing this weekend and is out indefinitely, so I am now doing triple my workload and am stuck with one ineffective coworker that I am still "training" after six months of his being on the job.

So I have some empathy for you!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks! I wonder why the people keep up and quitting.

Hopefully the lady taking the empty position doesn't up and quit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow betsy! I thought I had it bad! Its ok right now I am stil in a slow time but in about 2-3 weeks its going to be a nightmare. I hope we get a replacement ASAP!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They laid off the guy that ran the Tool Crib 4 years ago and stuck me with his job in addition to my Tech Librarian duties. Said it was "him or you, do the best you can."

So... here I sit 4 years later.