Ellie is at the vet for tests

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I have posted before, I have been worried about Ellie's thinness for some time, though three vets have pronounced her healthy on the basis of external examination only. But last week a friend of mine who hadn't seen her for a few months exclaimed on how much weight she had lost. So I insisted on a full panel of blood tests to see if they could find anything wrong, including a look for hyper-thyroidism, although she is only 3 years old. I have just left her at the vet's, and have to pick her up in three hours. Poor girl is terrified - of all my cats she hates being alone the most and she cried all the way there. Usually when travelling she shares a carrier with Persil. She was frantically trying to get out of the carrier when I left her, and I felt awful. Please send some vibes for her, that she is OK and that they find out what is wrong and that it is easily put right. My gut instinct tells me there is something.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, poor baby! Sending calming vibes for both of you and hopes that you find out what it is and can fix it easily!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever it is, I hope it is an easy fix
. If it is hyperthyroidism, please feel free to pm me if you like- one of our cats was diagnosed with it fairly recently

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is such a horrible feeling...having a hunch that something is wrong but not being able to find out just what that something is. Poor little girl. Definitely hoping your little girl is healthy and sending you some calming vibes. Good luck and I hope the hours go dby super quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got home, fed her and petted her and she is fine, very relieved to be back, I think. I will not get the results for a few days - they are doing some tests at their own lab and some have to be done in Paris. So now we wait, but I feel better that at last I am doing something, not just accepting opinions that I doubt. Of course, if I am wrong, no one will be happier than me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jennie, sending hugs for you and good news vibes for Ellie. We're all here for you.

How is Maisie doing?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Aww, poor baby! Sending calming vibes for both of you and hopes that you find out what it is and can fix it easily!
exactly my sentiments! prayers for your furbaby...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad that ordeal is over for sweet Ellie, and she's home and settling. Poor sweetheart!
Sending lots of vibes for her results, and hoping that if something's amiss, it will be easily dealt with.