How many meals per day for your cat?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure this has come up before, but I'm curious.

How many times per day do you feed your cat?

If you want to elaborate with some details, please do!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reilly & Sydney have access to dry chow at all times and recieve 2 wet meals per day.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine have unlimited dry all day and 3 wet meals a day. Only because Im trying to encourage a wet diet, but I have 2 cats that are telling me, "no way" on the wet food.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well 6 cats and different eating habits but there is always dry out somewhere in the house, I got 2 bowls of dry in my room, my mom has the same in her room, and there is a big plate on thebreakfeast knook thingy
and then we feed wet food to Stormie and Bella 2 times a day (my kitties and well Bella has some weight issues
) and Blue eats 3 times a day of wet food, and tessa if she wants any she is more just dry food, and Willie eats 2-3 times a day (we gotta get his weight back) and midnight eats 1-2 times a day and like i said dry is always out !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Mine have unlimited dry all day and 3 wet meals a day. Only because Im trying to encourage a wet diet, but I have 2 cats that are telling me, "no way" on the wet food.
This is sort of like what I have going on...part of my motivation for the poll

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I give sugar and spice 2 helpings of food a day, each helping being a 1/2 cup of food, and leave it out till it is finished. They usually just sanck throughout the day. I usually give them a fresh bowl in the morning then sometime in the evening. Between them, they eat on average a cup of food a day. And the water, they have 3 bowls out all the time, freshened up twice daily.

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually do 2 meals, morning & evening of dry food sometimes I will split a can of wet food for them if they start going crazy at a weird hour when i'm home which lately is always

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I keep dry out all the time and they get one evening meal of wet. Although considering the results so far, maybe I should start giving them an additional wet meal in the morning...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much the same here: dry food stays out all the time, and we give them canned food morning and evening... and Pounce treats whenever Clydie or Sassy (our treat lovers) request them... and a little cheddar cheese whenever they threaten my sandwich...

~ sigh ~

They run the house. I just live here.

kittenkatbar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Free feed. (my cats are outdoor/indoor cats.... that should make a difference in the diet...)

It's always dry food. They've never had wet food, ever, or they'd start snubbing their dry food.

(cept for that one time Pippin had a diarrhea problem and needed that special food... that was wet...)

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't leave dry out all the time, my cat bentley is the biggest piggy. he would eat & eat if i let him. he's 15 lbs on a controlled diet. he grabbed a plastic wrap from a steak once and we had to chase him all the way around the place with him growling at us. he has serious food rage sometimes

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

I can't leave dry out all the time, my cat bentley is the biggest piggy. he would eat & eat if i let him. he's 15 lbs on a controlled diet. he grabbed a plastic wrap from a steak once and we had to chase him all the way around the place with him growling at us. he has serious food rage sometimes
OMG, I really can picture this and can't stop laughing

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Evo canned 2 times a day and leave a little dry out all the time. I worry about Jake not eating enough. And none of my cats are overweight so they must do ok with it!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kits get unlimited dry food, and one wet meal a day in the morning - Thinking of phasing out the wet though, cause they don't really seem to eat it that much and I was recommended by a vet that a dry diet was better than wet.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wally was 100% dry, free-fed until very recently. I'm now trying to incorporate some wet food. So, I measure out the dry food (a smaller amount than he used to eat), which he still nibbles throughout the day. I then give canned in the evenings- just a small amount, as we're doing this slowly.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Twitch & Lily have unlimited dry & wet 2 meals 2x a day.

Dorian & Ophelia have unlimited dry & wet 1x a day.

Molly has unlimited dry.

Damita gets her yummy mixture or raw/canned in 4-6 meals a day.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One eats dry free feed about 1 cup a day .. plus whatever raw and canned I can get her to eat
one eats about 6-10 meals a day of raw canned or homemade

the dog eats 2-5 meals per day raw canned homemade and has some dry out for snacks