Rehoming my former ferals

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found Baby D and Donut outside a convenience store, living out of the dumpster back in September when they were kittens. My original plan was to have them spayed/neutered, and to get all of their necessary shots----and then find them a nice home. Well here it is almost March and they're spayed/neutered and have gotten their shots--------but no home. I can't find *anyone* suitable to take either one of them. They're really beautiful little sweethearts but I already have 4 inside cats!!!! I really don't know if I can handle 6 cats inside
. I guess this is how people end up with 10+ cats inside

Why can't other people be more responsible with spaying and neutering their pets? I can't keep taking in these homeless cats they have created!!!

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

I guess this is how people end up with 10+ cats inside
I know.
I used to have just one cat.

I like to hang a flyer in my vet's waiting room. I usually get slightly more sane, responsible people calling that way. Just never enough, though.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

I found Baby D and Donut outside a convenience store, living out of the dumpster back in September when they were kittens. My original plan was to have them spayed/neutered, and to get all of their necessary shots----and then find them a nice home. Well here it is almost March and they're spayed/neutered and have gotten their shots--------but no home. I can't find *anyone* suitable to take either one of them. They're really beautiful little sweethearts but I already have 4 inside cats!!!! I really don't know if I can handle 6 cats inside
. I guess this is how people end up with 10+ cats inside

Why can't other people be more responsible with spaying and neutering their pets? I can't keep taking in these homeless cats they have created!!!
Kelly...it may be worth your while to try to get involved with a TNR group and see if they can help you with funding etc.

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html#wv

Networking is also a good idea...so you may want to join this group:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/feral_cats/

Katie

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I know.

I like to hang a flyer in my vet's waiting room. I usually get slightly more sane, responsible people calling that way. Just never enough, though.
This is something we do, too. The vet techs are great at finding good, loving homes for kitties that need special work!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Kelly...it may be worth your while to try to get involved with a TNR group and see if they can help you with funding etc.

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html#wv

Networking is also a good idea...so you may want to join this group:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/feral_cats/

Katie
Thanks for all your help! There is a local TNR group here. I contacted them, but recieved no response---they're overwhelmed I guess. Anyway, the yahoo group is very helpful...Thank you so much!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, you are such a good person. Another dumpster cat. Alley came from the dumpster too. We only had one cat and said that is ALL we were going to have at the time but now we have two. That's the way it starts; perhaps next week we will have three...

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I know.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have put some pictures w/ background about Baby D and Donut up on the bulletin board at my vet's office
. They have been great about helping me and giving me advice but, I haven't really gotten anywhere with it yet. *fingers crossed* My vet rescues animals as well----and he's trying to rehome several dogs and cats of his own so it was very very generous of them to help me. Thanks for taking the time to help with the suggestion!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The no-kill shelter that I volunteer will post flyers on behalf of folks like yourself that are trying to help place cats. I'm not suggesting that you take the cats there, only call around to see if they can help with placement.

Oh yeah, and that's how I wound up with 13 cats........

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Donut went to his furr-ever home today! My husband found him a home where he will be the only cat, be an indoor cat and have a kitty loving mom and dad!!! I am so thrilled for him---but I will miss him...