Whats up with my NEW computer?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno whats going on here. It lets me come here and thats about it! Its kinda weird because I click on yahoo mail or something it will bring up where you sign in and then it keeps saying on one 1/2 the page "page cannot be displyed" then in the middle of the page it says"click here for internet connection help"

Does anyone know what could be causing this??? I have also restarted it and it still does it!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have it connected to the internet either through a wire that you plug into the back of your computer or the wireless antenea?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very weird, but I clicked on the icon down at corner of the screen(Norton security) and disabled it and now stuff is working

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be spyware or a virus as well, do you have an anti-virus and a spyware progam? Lavasoft Adaware is a great program to seek out spyware. Also make sure that your anti-virus is up to date.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Very weird, but I clicked on the icon down at corner of the screen(Norton security) and disabled it and now stuff is working
Ooohhh do you know if its Norton Security 2007? If so, that's hard to initialize. Basically by default it blocks one of the main services you need to connect to the internet.

If you go into it and "allow" svchost.exe to run then you will be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ooohhh do you know if its Norton Security 2007? If so, that's hard to initialize. Basically by default it blocks one of the main services you need to connect to the internet.

If you go into it and "allow" svchost.exe to run then you will be fine.
Umm, I would assume its 2007. I mean we JUST bought this computer, brand new and it already had that installed. I am such a dork when it comes to things like that, sorry.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heck don't worry, when I installed that (and a coworker of mine installed it too) we both had such problems that he took his copy back and it took me an hour to just get to the issue.

If I were you, just uninstall the program and buy something else. Symantec is good, but McAfee is just as good too.