OMG I am so mad--stupid work rant

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone in our office discussed the idea of one day a week, not takin a lunch and leaving an hour early...we decided that it was a good idea, but didn't actually say WHEN we are starting to do it...

Well today AFTER my lunch was over, my manager came up to me and said.. "I thought you would have not taken your lunch and left at 3?"

AAAAAAAAAAAH!! If I knew I could do that today, I freaking would have!! I am so mad that noone said we were starting that today, and now since I already took my lunch, I have to stay until 4

I am so mad. All the other ladies in my office get to leave early one day this week, but since I am the Monday early day girl, I missed out because noone told me.

:censor::censor::censor::censor:.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't your manager say that you can do this tomorrow? Then you get to leave all those stupid people behind

I would be ticked too. Send them all your angry customers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Can't your manager say that you can do this tomorrow? Then you get to leave all those stupid people behind

I would be ticked too. Send them all your angry customers.
Monday is my regular early day, so the only day I can do it. Tomorrow is another womans early day and so on. I totally missed out.

I was all miffed and I said to my manager that if I didn't get to go then none of them should be able to this week..
She was not happy with that comment..

I guess I just don't see it as fair. How was I supposed to know?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Monday is my regular early day, so the only day I can do it. Tomorrow is another womans early day and so on. I totally missed out.

I was all miffed and I said to my manager that if I didn't get to go then none of them should be able to this week..
She was not happy with that comment..

I guess I just don't see it as fair. How was I supposed to know?
Kick your manager in the shins at 3 o'clock and run out the door!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kick your manager in the shins at 3 o'clock and run out the door!
OMG

Thats the best thing I've heard all day..I just imagine myself kicking her in the shin and running like the wind

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks Nat, But you could be in my job and get here at 8:30 and have to work manditory overtime until 5:00 because we are so short staffed. Although I have enough overtime to take a few days off I'm not allowed to take it until mid march.

I wish I would take off early somedays. It's georgeous out today I wanna go home!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even that post I left made me laugh.

Hmm...Nat is offline...must be she followed my advice since its 3:30 EST

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Even that post I left made me laugh.

Hmm...Nat is offline...must be she followed my advice since its 3:30 EST
Nah, I am here

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

That sucks Nat, But you could be in my job and get here at 8:30 and have to work manditory overtime until 5:00 because we are so short staffed. Although I have enough overtime to take a few days off I'm not allowed to take it until mid march.

I wish I would take off early somedays. It's georgeous out today I wanna go home!
8:30 TO 5pm is my normal hours... it only works out to 37.5 hours. You must get paid to eat lunch.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

8:30 TO 5pm is my normal hours... it only works out to 37.5 hours. You must get paid to eat lunch.
I am on a salary so yeah I guess I do get paid to eat lunch

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work 7.30 - 5.00 (and stay late a couple of days a week too), mandatory overtime for us too. AND my vacation time at Christmas got cancelled because we were so shortstaffed

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG

Thats the best thing I've heard all day..I just imagine myself kicking her in the shin and running like the wind
You can totally do what I used to do to customers that were ... well, we'll say had to go... and just be walking by with a glass of water and sit it down near her, because you stopped to talk to her, and then accidentally turn and knock it over on her. ::nods:: Of course, I was a little more evil...

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

I only get paid for a 35 hour week. I don't get paid to eat and I get time off in lieu of overtime. I have done enough overtime this month alone to take a week off.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I only get paid for a 35 hour week. I don't get paid to eat and I get time off in lieu of overtime. I have done enough overtime this month alone to take a week off.
I know that feeling
I am sick of my office!