TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › OMG I am so mad--stupid work rant
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OMG I am so mad--stupid work rant

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Everyone in our office discussed the idea of one day a week, not takin a lunch and leaving an hour early...we decided that it was a good idea, but didn't actually say WHEN we are starting to do it...

Well today AFTER my lunch was over, my manager came up to me and said.. "I thought you would have not taken your lunch and left at 3?"

AAAAAAAAAAAH!! If I knew I could do that today, I freaking would have!! I am so mad that noone said we were starting that today, and now since I already took my lunch, I have to stay until 4

I am so mad. All the other ladies in my office get to leave early one day this week, but since I am the Monday early day girl, I missed out because noone told me.

:censor::censor::censor::censor:.
post #2 of 19
Well at least you will be full while your there Nat No that was rude that they didnt't say what day
post #3 of 19
Can't your manager say that you can do this tomorrow? Then you get to leave all those stupid people behind

I would be ticked too. Send them all your angry customers.
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Can't your manager say that you can do this tomorrow? Then you get to leave all those stupid people behind

I would be ticked too. Send them all your angry customers.
Monday is my regular early day, so the only day I can do it. Tomorrow is another womans early day and so on. I totally missed out.

I was all miffed and I said to my manager that if I didn't get to go then none of them should be able to this week.. She was not happy with that comment..

I guess I just don't see it as fair. How was I supposed to know?
post #5 of 19
You seriously need a new job.
post #6 of 19
thats just mad, why on earth did no-one say when it was gonna start...... I think you should go home at 2pm next week !!!
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Monday is my regular early day, so the only day I can do it. Tomorrow is another womans early day and so on. I totally missed out.

I was all miffed and I said to my manager that if I didn't get to go then none of them should be able to this week.. She was not happy with that comment..

I guess I just don't see it as fair. How was I supposed to know?
Kick your manager in the shins at 3 o'clock and run out the door!
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Kick your manager in the shins at 3 o'clock and run out the door!
OMG

Thats the best thing I've heard all day..I just imagine myself kicking her in the shin and running like the wind
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Kick your manager in the shins at 3 o'clock and run out the door!
Not sure that would help her case at all but I would love to see it!!!
post #10 of 19
That sucks Nat, But you could be in my job and get here at 8:30 and have to work manditory overtime until 5:00 because we are so short staffed. Although I have enough overtime to take a few days off I'm not allowed to take it until mid march.

I wish I would take off early somedays. It's georgeous out today I wanna go home!
post #11 of 19
Even that post I left made me laugh.

Hmm...Nat is offline...must be she followed my advice since its 3:30 EST
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Even that post I left made me laugh.

Hmm...Nat is offline...must be she followed my advice since its 3:30 EST
Nah, I am here
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005 View Post
That sucks Nat, But you could be in my job and get here at 8:30 and have to work manditory overtime until 5:00 because we are so short staffed. Although I have enough overtime to take a few days off I'm not allowed to take it until mid march.

I wish I would take off early somedays. It's georgeous out today I wanna go home!
8:30 TO 5pm is my normal hours... it only works out to 37.5 hours. You must get paid to eat lunch.
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
8:30 TO 5pm is my normal hours... it only works out to 37.5 hours. You must get paid to eat lunch.
I am on a salary so yeah I guess I do get paid to eat lunch
post #15 of 19
I work 7.30 - 5.00 (and stay late a couple of days a week too), mandatory overtime for us too. AND my vacation time at Christmas got cancelled because we were so shortstaffed
post #16 of 19
How were you supposed to know today was your early day if nobody told you?
Perhaps your idiot boss thinks you have ESP??
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
OMG

Thats the best thing I've heard all day..I just imagine myself kicking her in the shin and running like the wind
You can totally do what I used to do to customers that were ... well, we'll say had to go... and just be walking by with a glass of water and sit it down near her, because you stopped to talk to her, and then accidentally turn and knock it over on her. ::nods:: Of course, I was a little more evil...
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
8:30 TO 5pm is my normal hours... it only works out to 37.5 hours. You must get paid to eat lunch.
I only get paid for a 35 hour week. I don't get paid to eat and I get time off in lieu of overtime. I have done enough overtime this month alone to take a week off.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005 View Post
I only get paid for a 35 hour week. I don't get paid to eat and I get time off in lieu of overtime. I have done enough overtime this month alone to take a week off.
I know that feeling I am sick of my office!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › OMG I am so mad--stupid work rant